Sign in to follow this  
Worble7

Alignment marks as to line up multiple vinyl

Hello,

I did marks like the one in the photo so I can line up my vinyl. Now I can't figure out how i put them there I have looked everywhere but one place I guess? Is it in inkscape or graphtec pro studio. Thanks for the help. Jeff

10-18-2021 1-16-30 PM.jpg

Probably in Graphtec Pro Studio. In the SHAPES.  Rectangle, star, oval etc. Keep notes for yourself.  At the top of most software layout screen is HELP.  Look up registrations marks. 

MZ SKEETER,

I kind of remember looking in shapes but dont see any like that. I will look around a bit more but there are some many BUTTONS lol. Thanks Jeff

1 hour ago, Worble7 said:

MZ SKEETER,

I kind of remember looking in shapes but dont see any like that. I will look around a bit more but there are some many BUTTONS lol. Thanks Jeff

Go up to the HELP button and click it. Top of layout screen.  Search for registration marks.  It's in your user manual for Graphtec Pro Studio. 

Below is Graphtech Pro Studio and it shows it right at the end of the shapes.  My software is the same way.   Graphtec Pro Studio is created by the same designers as Flexi software.  I have always seen the registration mark at the end of the shapes toolbar. You have to open the whole toolbar up. 

shapes.JPG

registration marks1.JPG

Don't know what could have happened. You can still use any other type of shape as a registration mark.  Star, circle etc.   Place them where you want. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Don't know what could have happened. You can still use any other type of shape as a registration mark.  Star, circle etc.   Place them where you want. 

This is what I do. I like a diamond or a triangle shape. I place them where I want them and then group and copy paste them on top of one another in each color layer so they are all on the same spot on the design. 

• Like 2

Now I can't put the shapes into my job?? When do I need to add the shapes into the the vectorized image do they are on both colors?? Heres A pic of the job I'm working on for my nephew it's his team logo. Thanks For the help. Jeff

10-22-2021 6-46-55 PM.jpg

Have you layered colors before? If not, search you tube, there are videos that show different methods of doing it. 

I use squares are registration marks, because its fast and simple. Here are the steps for I would do if I needed to cut your graphic ...

1. add registration marks (blocks) just outside of the overall graphic, towards the top corner in black (one towards each corner), then copy and paste. Leave the pasted blocks on top of one another.

2. recolor the pasted blocks to be the same color as the bear.

3. cut the black, with blocks

4. cut the bear, with blocks

5. tape up either color, using clear app tape

6. layer the newly taped color over the other color, use the blocks for alignment. set one on top of the other.

An added step I would personally do for myself, is to enlarge the bear color just a smidgen, so it's bigger than the inside of the black outline. That will give me a little wiggle room when I layer the black on the bear. Other people may do it differently, or have better suggestions and tips.

What is you need is practice, practice, practice.

Ok so when i go to cut and plot I have three things to click on.Two colors and the shapes is this correst?? Please see image. Jeff

10-23-2021 8-57-45 AM.jpg

Go to the 3rd tab under properties and pick the color you want to cut.

You should have marks in exactly the same spot for each color in the design. (the same color you as the color you are cutting)

image.png.dc656c1e3603af3a95b30361321459c2.png

image.png

You should have marks in exactly the same spot for each color in the design. (the same color you as the color you are cutting)

Plus, if that is 2 color, you have 2 blacks. The graphic and marks need to be the same.

Ok, now copy your black marks and make the copy's light brown. Make sure they are in exactly the same spot.

Then change the blacks to the same color and you should be good.

Also when should I put the marks/shape in to the image? I did it after I used inkscape to vectorize it. Jeff

Click on the marks, right click and copy. Move your mouse pointer away, right click again and select paste over.

Just now, Worble7 said:

Also when should I put the marks/shape in to the image? I did it after I used inkscape to vectorize it. Jeff

Yup, that is the right way.

Mike,

I'm not getting it ugh I will be steping away from the computer before I smash it lol i will take a break and come back later. Thanks for your help. Jeff