Sign in to follow this  
Robert2495

Graphtec Ce6000 plotter tool holders

Can someone tell me what the other tool holder in a graphtec ce6000 series is for, and can it be used for a perforation cutting in a printed  vinyl?

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

The pen tool.  Your other info is in the Graphtec user manual. Can be found free online at Graphtec. 

Thank you, this guy used the pen holder for perforated cutting, but when i try it out, it cuts in the wrong area, do i have to change the tool holder through the settings? if so from which setting

There are different Graphtec cutters for Graphtec America.and other countries. I have no idea where you are from or where your cutter came from. From what I can remember, the Graphtec CE 6000-60 from Graphtec America, does not have the 2nd hole in the carriage arm. Or the front channel for perf cutting. (maybe only the CE6000-40 had it.)  People have to use a cutting mat to perf cut, to keep from cutting up their teflon cuttings strips.  Read your user manual or contact Graphtec tech support.  Your welcome. 

Read the manual that came with it.

When I researched cutters, I went to Graphtec's website and looked at the manual for the 6000. That manual indicated that the tool holder had the dual slot. I ordered the cutter only to find out the model for America does not have the dual slot holder. Mentioned the website manual  to Graphtec and basically received a too-bad, so-sad.

My cutter does have a recessed slot just beyond the cut strip, though.

• Like 1

I think I read before that the CE6000-40 does have the dual slot on carriage arm.(for that LABEL SYSTEM.)     Graphtec EUROPE does have a dual slot in carriage arm.   We have had OPs here from England showing it.   This OP doesn't state where they are from, but by posting a youtube video with foreign language, I would guess not the US.   OP is stating he does have, Can someone tell me what the other tool holder in a graphtec ce6000 series is for, ?."  I said pen holder.    OP Says video "this guy used the pen holder for perforated cutting, but when i try it out, it cuts in the wrong area, " So stating there is 2 holes.   I have already read the user manual.  so I know it shows it for dual slot. Which is why I suggested for him to read the user manual. OP has owned a Graphtec CE6000 since 2017.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

There are different Graphtec cutters for Graphtec America.and other countries. I have no idea where you are from or where your cutter came from. From what I can remember, the Graphtec CE 6000-60 from Graphtec America, does not have the 2nd hole in the carriage arm. Or the front channel for perf cutting. (maybe only the CE6000-40 had it.)  People have to use a cutting mat to perf cut, to keep from cutting up their teflon cuttings strips.  Read your user manual or contact Graphtec tech support.  Your welcome. 

Im from India and my ce6000 got both 2nd hole and the perft cutting channel, but i couldnt find any "tool selection" options/setting which i think would let me used the 2nd holder for the perf cutting (Coundn't find it in the manual).

4 hours ago, pawdell said:

Read the manual that came with it.

When I researched cutters, I went to Graphtec's website and looked at the manual for the 6000. That manual indicated that the tool holder had the dual slot. I ordered the cutter only to find out the model for America does not have the dual slot holder. Mentioned the website manual  to Graphtec and basically received a too-bad, so-sad.

My cutter does have a recessed slot just beyond the cut strip, though.

My plotter has a 2nd slot and the manual that came with my plotter does shows the dual slot tool holder but does not show how to use it for a perf cut, and when i used  the 2nd holder it cuts in the wrong area, i assume i have to select the tool holder from the settings  which i couldn't find.

Start at 7.5 and start reading the user manual   The info is there. You have to practice to get the conditions and force correct. 

perf cut how to.JPG

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Start at 7.5 and start reading the user manual   The info is there. You have to practice to get the conditions and force correct. 

perf cut how to.JPG

Thank you so much, will read the manual thoroughly next time

• Like 1