CMJ

SC2 cutter printing registration marks error

I have had this cutter for a little over a year and only used it twice because I cannot get it to cut properly more than one time.  I am trying to print and cut all it does is freeze and not do anything.  At this point I am ready to just give it away.  At one point I could get it to print registration marks.  Now it is telling me registration marks will not appear because it is out of the printing area.  I have searched high and low on how to fix this.  I bought this machine to help make my life easier and I don't even get to use it because I can't get it to work ever!!!

If you are using USB connection, it is best to use a serial connection or a Tripp Lite Keyspan adapter, with the null modem cable that came with the cutter,  That info has been stated hundreds of times on this forum,  Value cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset in them.  So have you done that?  Cutter is grounded good to the stand?  Wiped your cutter down with dryer sheets, Sprayed static guard, or another static product in the area.?  Dryer sheets in your vinyl rolls.?

Your cutter is NOT a printer, so how are you printing registration marks on a vinyl cutter?   You should be clicking cut,  not print. 

I bought the piece you suggested to me.  I can't get it to hook up.  Honestly, I never tried after that.  Yes, I hit print then it gives me the registration mark error.  I know its something to change but at this point, I cant find it and I get so frustrated I just stop trying.  

18 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

SC2 will not print, ever ---  you are right about that.

I know that.  Thanks for the helpful information.

CMJ, start over from the beginning. You need to be precise, accurate, and use correct terminology. Otherwise, you will remain stuck.

2 hours ago, CMJ said:

I bought the piece you suggested to me.  I can't get it to hook up.  Honestly, I never tried after that.  Yes, I hit print then it gives me the registration mark error.  I know its something to change but at this point, I cant find it and I get so frustrated I just stop trying.  

And you don't tell us what you are doing, so that we can help you.  What are you doing to connect the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter? It's pretty easy.  Connect the Null modem cable to your vinyl cutter, then to the end of the Tripplite Keyspan Adapter. ( The null modem cable came with your cutter). Then connect the  USB end of the adapter to your USB port computer.  Download the driver for it from the Tripplite website. Run and   Install it.  Find the Com port number of the Tripplite in your device manager.   Choose that same com port number in your cutter set up in your cutting software. Has to be between 1-4, 

You have not shown any type of screen shots, or videos, or described exactly what you are doing. Start over with setting up your vinyl cutter.  You can only cut vector designs. Lose the word printer.  You are not printing, printing requires ink. 

I have gave up on this cutter and was ready to throw it away.  I am going to try again.  I can print but for some reason when I print my design and take to the cutter it will not cut the design.  Mz. Skeeter I did not do what you just told me and I am going to download the driver.  I didn't get a usb end to my tripplite.  

Did you add a vector contour line for it to follow?   If you really want a simple easy to use plotter for contour cutting get a new Roland.  Best plotters I ever used for contour cutting 

4 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Did you add a vector contour line for it to follow?   If you really want a simple easy to use plotter for contour cutting get a new Roland.  Best plotters I ever used for contour cutting 

I honestly can't remember.  I am going to try again soon as I find a driver for this tripplite.  I know it said it was plug and play but sure cuts didn't read it.

This is what you should have ordered.   It required you to download and install the driver. You will plug the USB end into your computer USB.  Then connect your null modem cable, that came with your cutter, to the other end to the Tripplite then the other end to your vinyl cutter.   You have to find the Com port number in your device manager of your computer. Reboot your computer. after installing.   Then select the same com port number in your cutting software set up.. Can only be 1-4 com port number.

Tripplite keyspan adapter.JPG

I see they have some kind of a Keyspan assistant to it now.   So did you find the com port that it installed to?  Read the user manual for it.   You must find the correct com port number, then go into your cutting software set up and choose the same com port number. They must match. 

keyspan 2.JPG

6 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I see they have some kind of a Keyspan assistant to it now.   So did you find the com port that it installed to?  Read the user manual for it.   You must find the correct com port number, then go into your cutting software set up and choose the same com port number. They must match. 

keyspan 2.JPG

I will go do that now.  

only way the plotter will contour cut is if you have created a vector outline for it to follow - nothing automatic about that.  with no vector outline and only the raster image there is nothing any plotter will do

If you've only ever used the cutter twice, maybe start with something simple rather than diving into contour cutting. Try just some simple text. Learn how to use the cutter first, then learn how to do more advanced things like contour cut. You're tying to race before learning to drive.