kc6331

Laserpoint 24 cutting in reverse

I hooked up the Laserpoint cutter to a replacement computer, downloaded the last version of Signblazer I could find that included the patch for the nag screen.  I set it up as a Copam 2050 as recommended online.  It works, but the images are cut in reverse, and when set to rotate across vinyl, it still cuts down the length of the roll.  What can i do to fix this issue?

Thanks ahead of time,

KC

Which Laser Pointer?  There have been several out now.  First was a Creation Pcut with a Laser.  Then there was Liyu Laser  Pointer .  Both of those should be in Signblazer.   Creation and Liyu.   There is a Laser pointer 3 out now. 

Which version of LP do you have? If it's the first, original LP, select Creation PCut CT735 as your cutter in the SBE software.

I'm using SB 6.0.5, PCut has no entries in it.  It is the first gen original US Cutter Laserpoint 24"

Thanks,

KC

Are you looking at Creation?   That is the Brand.  There is a better Signblazer out also that doesn't have the nag screen or patch. 

SignBlazer Elements (Hybrid version 7.0.0 

Can be found on the last post of this thread Slice and Dice

got it installed....what printer should I choose to use for the Laserpoint?  Pcut isn't an option to choose from, and Laserpoint is not listed either.

Thanks,

KC

Creation Pcut has many options on my version of Signblazer.  Choose one that works for your cutter. your size of cutter. 

kc6331, when you complete the install of the file I linked, there should be a USCUTTER icon on the desktop which allows configuration of various models of their branded cutters (not a printer).

And yes, there are a ton of Creation PCut options listed in this V7.0.0. (Look at the Help/About menu to verify you have the Hybrid program we are talking about).

No luck getting any of the Pcut choices to work....it seems like before I had to choose a Roland plotter

KC

3 hours ago, kc6331 said:

No luck getting any of the Pcut choices to work....it seems like before I had to choose a Roland plotter

KC

Are you looking under PCut or Creation PCut?

How are you connecting the puter to the cutter? USB or Serial? If USB, make sure you designate which USB Port in the SBE software, do not let it 'auto' select. If you're using the serial with a keyspan, make sure you install the correct drivers for the keyspan.

IMG_1714 2.jpg

I am using a USB to Serial adapter (Prolific USB to Serial), it shows up the the selection as Com 4, same as system device manager shows it

did you make sure that you have the right drivers for the keyspan you're using?

from your original post, if i understand this correctly, you can cut, however it doesn't cut in the orientation that you want? when you say that it cuts in reverse, what does that mean? do you have a picture or a video?

I had it working on the computer before I changed versions of SB

If I cut an image, it actually cuts it in a mirrored format, along the opposite axis that is selected in the software...

• Sad 1

You can keep thinking about your previous computer, but that's not going to help you in any way shape or form.

If you're doing the layout, and it's cutting in mirrored format, than the temporary quick fix is to mirror it prior to sending it to the cutter, or check the box for mirroring in the software. You might always want to check or uncheck the box "Rotate Across Vinyl" and see if that helps you.

It would help us a lot if you tell us what you have specifically tried, so we can narrow the possibilities for the fix.

If I select Rotate across vinyl, it cuts down the length of the roll, or vice versa.  It does the opposite of what the software is telling it to do.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB driver, that is not an issue...I just can't seem to find a selection that is compatible with the Laserpoint.

I would say you already wasted over $60 worth of time,  I read above that you really needed to get this order out.   You could have been up and rolling yesterday.  Invest in a solid, updated software/with support, and don't look back. Vinyl Master will get you going for $60.  Buy from the Vinylmaster.com site. 

KC,  it is cutting (responding) and the only issue you are having is wrong orientation (not 'mirroring' -- that is a different thing altogether) -- then just send the cut facing the opposite way, and let the machine do whatever glitchy thing it's doing. Who cares, you have a big order to complete, adjust your Cutter Setup output (Rotate Across Vinyl) to be the opposite of what is physically happening at the cutter.

When we ask for people to provide videos, screenshots, or other visual clues for troubleshooting remotely, that's what we expect to get so that assistance can be properly provided from where we sit.

If you require the output to match the way you see the preview, that may be related to any number of things, starting with a Non-Keyspan (branded) adapter, to using a machine driver that's wrong (try Liyu instead), to having a Com issue (adjust a different Port manually in Device Manager).

I'm done here. Skeetz is right -- USCUTTER will sell you VinylMaster for $59.95 and it's a download you can get installed instantly.

Good luck.

We only ask, what seems like obvious questions, because the information you're mostly providing us is your end result. What we don't know, is if you have already tried checking and unchecking various boxes, etc.

I am also an original LP owner, for well over 12+ years. From the get go, Creation PCut CT735 was the machine that was selected in SBE. I don't know how the version you have does not have that machine listed.

Like I said before, if your machine is cutting, but not like how you want it (for the moment), adjust what you need to get the correct output.  Mirror your design, send it to the machine, get the order out, then come back when you have time to tinker with settings. If have the money, splurge on better software now, if you don't - get the job out, download some trial software from other companies and see if those will work in the correct layout and orientation for you.

• Like 1

haumana-   As noted in the posts right above, the problem is not 'mirroring' at all. It is orientation (x & y axis works reversed from the cut preview).

If it's just orientation that is the problem my question is, is it really a problem with the software/machine, or the user? Often times people don't corelate the origin point of the plotter and what it considers x vs y to what is displayed in their design screen. Once you get the orientation thing straight in your head things work as they should.

15 hours ago, slice&dice said:

haumana-   As noted in the posts right above, the problem is not 'mirroring' at all. It is orientation (x & y axis works reversed from the cut preview).

Actually the OP did state that it was cutting in a mirrored format, as well has orientation. Regardless, mirrored or not, that's a simple fix, and if you have a job waiting to push out the door, then work around the issue and troubleshoot with the job is done.

Their terminology was wrong from the outset by saying "in reverse" ---  then he mistakenly said "mirroring" but then indicating axis.

(also, "printer")

KC vanished on Monday, hopefully he/she has it sorted out. We can only help those that help us.

• Like 1

Yup, I will try to take people at their word, but it's tough if they're using the wrong terminology.

• Like 1