Sign in to follow this  
D.Schulz14

Creation P-CUT CR1200 with Flexi 10.5 and win10

Hey, 

Kind of a last resort to be posting here. Bought this off a sign shop as a working machine with software and have had no joy getting it to do anything.

I'm pretty around usb to serial convertors etc coming from a aftermarket ecu background so I'm pretty confident I can assign a port correctly etc

Basically I've read lots and lots of info for setting these up and I'm not having any joy whatsoever. 

I've tried many many many driver combos and setups in flexi with no joy. In device manager everything comes up like it should. But there is somethings that on the machine that are different to any of the tutorials I can find or examples I've read.

There is no way of viewing or changing the baud rate on the cutter like is mentioned in nearly everything I've read. There is no serial port only usb. ( I assume it has a built in converter inside) 

Can send the Job to the cutter and flexi will hang on 7% or 100%(most of the time can be any random %) working with no response from  the cutter. Some driver and setup combos have the cutter show "working usb" once the job is sent but still nothing at all from the cutter.

Short of pulling the whole damn thing apart to view the chip so I confirm 100% the correct drivers are installed I'm not sure where to go.

20210916_090933.jpg

20210916_090947.jpg

20210916_091222.jpg

Did your Flexi 10.5 come with a USB dongle, like shown below? Which version of Flexi 10.5? There are several different.   Does the cutter power on and cut the TEST?  Have you tried a different cutting software?  Did you download and install the FTDI driver for Windows 10, and reboot your computer? 

FLEXI DONGLE LIT UP.jpg

It did not basically I gave the seller my laptop and he installed the FlexiSIGN Pro 10.5 onto it and told me it would work now. 

It powers up and the fan runs and after going thru the buttons and lcd screen menu I could make it cut little squares so I guess that is the test cut. 

I've tried many different drivers but your confident it's a ftdi chip? I'll pursue that path more thoroughly if it is. Haven't tried any other software as yet

Download and install SignBlazer Elements. It's free, and couldn't hurt at this point. Give that a go, and see if you file will cut to completion.

I would say your Flexi 10.5, is pirated software.  Counterfeit.  Only legal Flexi 105. has a USB Dongle, unless it would be a version of Flexistarter., sold with a value cutter.    The USB dongle has the User ID and password for legal software.    The FTDI drivers creates the COM port number in your computer.  Then you must match the Com port number in your Flexi set up. 1-4 with the com port in your device manager.   Use a different software.  It has been known that Windows 10 can detect counterfeit software and disable it. 

You can look this up online    Windows 10 automatically scans your computer for pirated software, but that's a good thing. Piracy is a major issue for software manufacturers like Microsoft. ... Microsoft issued a new Terms of Use agreement on August 1, specifically pertaining to "Microsoft Services."Aug 21, 2015

Okay tried with signblazer. Still nothing. Cutter shows in device manager as com4 with the ftdi driver install version 2.12.16.0 

In that signblazer there is only the option for a pcut ct630 so not sure if that would work anyway 

Okay will have a look. The one thing is if I choose the creation pcut cr1200 in flexi it doesn't give any com port options in the drop down box only pcutusb and a few other random things nothing that's a com2 com4 etc 

Will try signcut

Okay signcut has what looks to be the right cutter. Now I just get the can't communicate with closen device.. 

Correct com port selected and tried a few different baud rates. Unplugged and replugged it a few times comes up for com4 each time and still showing ftdi drivers installed 

Edit - reinstalled the drivers now it shows the progress bar briefly then dissapears but not response from the cutter. 

Creation has so many different value cutters, with different model numbers, the only way is to find how to connect it, is find user manual for it.  We don't know how old that cutter is.  That model was never sold at UScutter, and the model sold here had both USB and serial. 

Easycutstudio has a trial and your cutter is on it. 

https://www.easycutstudio.com/download.html

Yeah seems that way. 

Is there any way to actually identify what it is? Like if I pull the mainbaord out or something along those lines. 

Appreciate the help also thank you 

Apparently my trial has expired for easy cut. Don't recall ever having it on this laptop but owell

I have no idea.  Your welcome,    Maybe contact Creation.  Vinylmaster has a trial,  not sure about the cutter being there. Maybe someone else can help.  Kind of crappy not being able to connect serial.   A Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter could work for that.  Have you tried a different new cable?  Cutterpros has a set up for that cutter, but I cannot post it here. 

Sent you a private message.