Loobiedesign

Help! Liyu SC631 not cutting detailed designs properly

Hi, 

Can anyone help?? 
I've got a Liyu SC631 cutter that I've just started using. Its all set up and I'm cutting using 'Inkscape' as recommended by the retailer I bought it from. 

However, I've had a few problems. At first the small parts of designs weren't weeding properly, I changed the blade and this seemed to rectify the problem. 

Now, the problem is, the clean lines of a design are not cutting as on screen. Lines seem to be cutting at various thicknesses, I've attached pictures of the vinyl and the design, you can see the problem particularly on the trees. 

What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks!

20210915_090534.jpg

20210915_090605.jpg

This is the correct way to set your blade depth.  

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

On 9/15/2021 at 6:23 PM, Loobiedesign said:

Hi, 

Can anyone help?? 
I've got a Liyu SC631 cutter that I've just started using. Its all set up and I'm cutting using 'Inkscape' as recommended by the retailer I bought it from. 

However, I've had a few problems. At first the small parts of designs weren't weeding properly, I changed the blade and this seemed to rectify the problem. 

Now, the problem is, the clean lines of a design are not cutting as on screen. Lines seem to be cutting at various thicknesses, I've attached pictures of the vinyl and the design, you can see the problem particularly on the trees. 

What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks!

20210915_090534.jpg

20210915_090605.jpg

It can be blade knife offset issue or there may be some setting in inkscape wherein the files are not cut to 100%, try exploring if there is any. I had the same in Flexi 10, and setting it to 100 % corrected the problem.

Check your knife holder. Can the blade spin freely into the holder?

Check the file as well. Can you assure there are no hidden strokes or shapes which are not visible in inkspace?