BannerJohn

My impression of the Refine MH721

Well I've had 24 hours now to check it out,tweek it,play with it,etc. Here is what I think,compared to my other plotter as a reference(which cost a LOT more):

It is fairly sturdy and well built. Certainly well designed. I am going to add another pinch roller..not that I think it needs it but I am just used to 4.

It works well,is quiet compared to my other one,though probably not as quiet as a Roland costing 5 or 10 times as much.

It does the job. From what I can see,it is easy to work on if something goes wrong.

In short,for the money it is a good machine...in fact it would be a good machine at twice the price.

Signcut....seems to be a good program once you get to know the ins and outs of it. I am used to Flexi but for the price,it's not bad at all. And the customer service (for signcut) is outstanding.

Advice for a first time buyer...get the MH721...go elsewhere on ebay and get Flexi starter edition for $99 and you will have a great combination of machine/software. Flexi is easier for first timers,I think. If you already are experienced,stick with Signcut.It really is a decent program. A combination of the two along with Inskscape gives you just about everything you could ask for.

I can recommend the MH721 without hesitation,based on what I have seen so far.

One bit of advice..I used USB to connect and had to chose com port '5' before it would work,so try them all.

My thoughts exactly, except, get WinPCSign...  Can do alot more then flexi starter... and you only will have on program to design and cut.

What he said. I only suggested Flexi because it was so easy for me to understand,starting out as a TOTAL newbee. WinPC sign might be just as easy.

I am a musician. I have 6 guitars. I add to my drum kit regularly. I do woodworking. I have about every power tool you can think of. I betcha I end up with a 3rd plotter eventually. The bigger the boy,the bigger the toys. I'm not sure you ladies will understand. I think it's a guy thing. Overcompensation for the one tool we can't add to,enlarge,or buy more of.

Guest fivestar

Good review BannerJohn.  Yes I have made my $$$$ back on this machine in no time.  Now I just got a 50 shirt order that I will be doing with this machine so I believe it will pay for itself again... :)  Yes I know I should screenprint 'em but they are simple design and text and I have so much fun with this machine and my new heatpress.

Can someone compare this to the Copam for me that has used both?? I am a "Newbie" and I would like to get a machine. I have done lots of research and I was going to by the Copam, but they are going for a little more than I wanted to pay. However, I am not very patient either and I am thinking about just getting MH721. What should I do? I don't want to be sorry and wish I had some of the functions that the Copam has. What to do, what to do?

I agree great cutter will be buying three more fo rthe shop, works as well as my 3,000 Ve unit a bought back in 99

One thing to add here...with the availablilty of spare parts,and the ease of installing them, anyone who has a minimum of mechanical ability,should be able to keep the refine running for years. I really can't see paying $3000 for a unit,which from other forums I have read,doesn't seem to be a whole lot better.

Indeed, you would be amazed at how many people are calling for information about our cutters because their (insert any name brand) cutter is acting up in one way or another. Fact is, our cutters are made overseas, but so are the name brand cutters. Hard to pass up on a machine with the value we have added for the price point.

:D

Guest fivestar

I can't wait to see Josh from Imprintables' review on the copam.  lol after the way him and his company lied about their spectra cut II I wouldn't believe anything he says even if he says the copam is the best machine he ever used.  He has people over at t-shirtforums brain washed and that is the ONLY reason he is doing that comparison.  I linked a thread over there to Kimon's review as it is the most trusted (no offense to anyone here) review I would believe.  As far as Imprintable's heat press vinyl, my advice to everyone is DO NOT EVEN THINK OF BUYING IT.  Go to www.jotopaper.com and get their multicut you will be happy.

I like the t-shirtforums a lot. I hang out there as much as I do here and I have to say that fivestar is right. There, they have brainwashed most of users that only Roland cutters and Hix Heat Presses will do the job and that is not right. USCutters are way great machines, Ive made so much money with it.

Hey Now,,,

Everyone is talking about the refine mh721. I hope the creation pcut24" is as good as the 721 your talking about. I was going to wait till uscutter got more copams but some customers are waiting for me & I don't want to lose them, I just lost a 200 shirt order but was told not to worry, there will be more to do, so we'll see.

I do have some truck lettering standing by as well as 2 small shirt orders, 1 dozen ea.

The cutter should be coming on friday. Can't wait.

Someone say something good about the pcut 24"

200 shirts with vinyl (thermoflex) Thats too much I think. I would sub contract a screenprinter for that it is faster and cheaper for such amunt. I hope you get your plotter soon and start making some $$$

Good Luck

Joe

my brother has the pcut and has never had any problems..has paid for itself several times over and he just does it in his spare time.

Can anyone tell me if they have had success in running this from a mac? I am using an iMac running OSX 10.11.6 (Maverick) and have fully licensed Adobe Creative suite... including Illustrator. Would love to hear if any one is using this with a mac and what kind of workaround or issues they may have had. Cheers!

Well, most people read the ads that the Refine MH series are not compatible with a Mac and don't buy it.  Or  some never read the warning and they have tried it with a Mac and had all kinds of problems and we tell them to put it on a windows computer. 

Adobe is design software, not cutting software.   You would still need a cutting software. 

Welcome aboard Silverag, go ahead and step up to the SC cutter.  It is a great machine that works well with Macs.

Cal

clhyer expressed my same sentiments exactly -- but now USCutter offers an improved SC2, just the thing for whispering into Santa's ear. And it will arrive with a very impressive design/cut software program VinylMaster included.

And for the record, the 34" is only $40 more than the 24" so it's probably worth going bigger!