Sign in to follow this  
Manjot singh

HTV on Polyster Cotton Blend shirt

Hello

I am looking to apply a HTV on a 50/50 polyster cotton blend tshirt. Has anyone done this?

Can someone please share the details like pressing time, temperature setting on a regular home Iron.

On 9/9/2021 at 7:46 PM, Manjot singh said:

Hello

I am looking to apply a HTV on a 50/50 polyster cotton blend tshirt. Has anyone done this?

Can someone please share the details like pressing time, temperature setting on a regular home Iron.

Not sure what brand go HTV you are planning to use. I assume that you'll use Siser because they claim to be home iron friendly.  The HTV won't care what fabric unless its Nylon.  If its a tri-blend you would be best going with Siser Stretch but they now have 320 as an application temp instead of 305 which you probably can't get up to with an iron.  Read the application data on whatever brand you end up with because they are often a little different brand to brand and even type to type within brands.

The elephant in the room is the hand iron. If this is a one off for you or your kids that's one thing but you will never get a good application that way. Consider purchasing an actual heat press. Even the very bottom of the barrel choice is WORLDS above a hand iron. 

• Like 1