Cathy Updike

MH machine Bluetooth?

Not likely. If you could, it would be cheaper to buy a lot better cutter. And I don't know of any top of the line cutters that are Bluetooth. 

You could get a rattle can of blue paint and run the cable under the carpet. 

• Like 1

The cutter sold by USCUTTER with bluetooth capability is PrismCut.

Cathy, the cutter you own (MH) uses the same basic mechanics as the first computer-controlled plotters produced by Hewlett-Packard in the early 1960's. The physical wired connection was originally Parallel, then Serial, and then USB. (the MH does best with DB9-wired serial legacy RS232 communication).

• Like 1

Technically the Prism is WiFi, which in my opinion is better than Bluetooth. I would love for all my devices to either be Wifi, or at least be network capable.

If you're really tech savvy you could probably rig up something using a RaspberryPI, could be a fun project but probably cheaper, certainly easier and faster to just buy a Prism

I doubt Cathy is anywhere near being tech-savvy, probably doesn't know what RaspberryPi even is.

• Haha 1

Wow. Good thing I don’t offend easily.  But you are right I don’t know what that is. Some people just run their machines in a way that works for them. But if you understand just simple wording I am your person.  Thank you for all the information. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cathy Updike said:

Wow. Good thing I don’t offend easily.  But you are right I don’t know what that is. Some people just run their machines in a way that works for them. But if you understand just simple wording I am your person.  Thank you for all the information. 

Cathy - the MH is the simplest, cheapest value plotter  - more used to get people hooked - then as they want more features and more accuracy they move up over time - so adding features to an mh really doesn't make sense as someone with less tact kinda was alluding to - the sc is the lowest plotter that we recommend to most new buyers - but then again many of us started at one time with a mh or p-cut (p-cut has been cut from the line up years ago) and as we got better and made a little money worked our way up to higher end plotters - if you have questions don't be afraid to ask.

Thank you so much for your kindness. The truth is I use my machine to make stencils almost exclusively. I love it! Recently  have been doing laser cutting as an add on for my tiny business. I am running my computer back and forth between the two machines. Someone asked if I could Bluetooth so I just thought I would ask. No worries. 

4 minutes ago, Cathy Updike said:

Thank you so much for your kindness. The truth is I use my machine to make stencils almost exclusively. I love it! Recently  have been doing laser cutting as an add on for my tiny business. I am running my computer back and forth between the two machines. Someone asked if I could Bluetooth so I just thought I would ask. No worries. 

get a cheap older computer and dedicate it to the mh - don't connect to the internet with that computer and it will always be happy and ready to go - I design on my main computer and take my artwork on a thumb drive to my dedicated set up 

• Like 1

If you're just looking for a way to go wireless, you might look into a wifi USB hub. It is a pretty new technology and I haven't heard of anyone on here trying one out but might work. Although when I google it, I don't get many results and the ones that I do find are sold out/unavailable.

6 hours ago, Cathy Updike said:

If I may ask what kind of laser you have? As I have my lasers on my network, so as long as I am connected to my network (wired or wireless), I can send jobs to the cutter and still use both machine simultaneously.