Sign in to follow this  
txav8r

Change to .eps

OK guys. First post. I've been stting back reading for a few days now and I just want to say thanks. My firstm question is how do you change images into .eps files?  I want to cut these two for my office door.

post-2488-12986520043724_thumb.gif

post-2488-12986520044103_thumb.gif

post-2488-12986520063438_thumb.gif

post-2488-12986520063489_thumb.gif

Those are pretty small to vectorize. Do you have any larger images of them? You would normally do a vectorize or trace of them in Illustrator or Inkscape to turn them to vector format.

Guest rvgraphixs

you can also take them to vectormagic.com

Yall are great! Joe, How did you convert that?  Thanks alot for doing it but I want to learn. The JPI logo came out great.

Mark, VMS Is perfect. I'm Guessing you just made the shapes? By The way Your skulls are awesome! I'm big fan of skulls! Any suggestions on where to get some? I've looked on ebay and on the web to buy some but they all suck. Yours rock!

Converting is about the as hard as opening a beer. Download inkscape - inkscape.org. If you can still get it try to get ver 0.45 as I understand the newer version has a few bugs in it.

Import the file you want to convert, make sure the object is highlighted, click on path then click on trace bitmap. It will open a seperate dialog box. Click on update, that will desplay the graphic, then click on ok. The stop button will be highlighted until it is done. When the program is finished the ok button will be highlighted, simply close that dialog box. Your vectorized graphic will be on top of the original, simply move the vectorized pic out of the way, highlight the original and hit delete, move the vectorized back into place, click on file, then save as, choose your save location, then file name, then extension. The default will be .svg, click the arrow down next to that and choose eps (encapsulated postscript) and hit ok. It done. Just that easy and quick. Just remember, the larger the file size the longer it will take to vectorize. If you use coraldraw you can always just use the coraltrace, or like stated before join vectormagic.com and pay for the vectorizing.

Hope it helps.

Vectorizing isn`t hard it`s the clean up thats a bear....which by the way alot of people don`t bother to do.

mark-s

thanks for the step by step! found one of the problems i was having trying to do that. didn't realize you had to separate, then save... :) 

my inkscape doesn't have update on it, i just click preview. however, it does have image brightness-edge detection- quantization/reduction and multiple scanning.....what do i choose? it will only let you select 1.

i did my linclon arc welder pics and they are so yucky, they need to be cleaned up bad! and of course i don't know how to do clean up on vectored stuff.

thanks

lue anne