Sign in to follow this  
kainth.c.s

Cutter shows Write Port error

Hello all

I own a budget Creation Pcut CT630 (Red and Black ) machine bought 6 years ago. With the machine connected through RS232 9 pin adapter and a desktop entirely dedicated to the machine, blade already set up as per Skeeter's instructions and cutting fine with a downforce of 120 and cutting speed of 40 (small sized detailed designs) on Heat Transfer Vinyls.

My question:

Is it normal for a cutter to stall in the middle of the program and show as "Write Port Error" when a lengthy program is fed through the Production manager?

How likely it is to be caused due to the cutting speed being too slow?

It doesn't happen often but it happened twice this morning

Any inputs please?

the memory buffer on your machine might be a little too small for the file you're sending to it.  have you tried testing it out by sending the job with a faster cut speed? you could trying doing so with a pen.

12 hours ago, haumana said:

the memory buffer on your machine might be a little too small for the file you're sending to it.  have you tried testing it out by sending the job with a faster cut speed? you could trying doing so with a pen.

Yes mate, I tried with cutting speed to 50 and it has been working fine but the machine makes a lot of jerky movements as the curves are a bit smaller for being cut at high speeds. I guess you are right, the memory buffer or the ram chip thing on the motherboard might be a bit smaller for the file which does not like to hold the file for long

On 9/2/2021 at 12:19 PM, kainth.c.s said:

Yes mate, I tried with cutting speed to 50 and it has been working fine but the machine makes a lot of jerky movements as the curves are a bit smaller for being cut at high speeds. I guess you are right, the memory buffer or the ram chip thing on the motherboard might be a bit smaller for the file which does not like to hold the file for long

You can try and cut down on the jerky movements by cleaning up nodes. It can be time consuming, depending on size, the design, and quantity of nodes. I think about like this - for every node I see, that's an stop & go point that's is being sent to the cutter, the more I can minimize those, the smoother the cut I will tend to get.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, haumana said:

You can try and cut down on the jerky movements by cleaning up nodes. It can be time consuming, depending on size, the design, and quantity of nodes. I think about like this - for every node I see, that's an stop & go point that's is being sent to the cutter, the more I can minimize those, the smoother the cut I will tend to get.

Agreed