Hello, I'm currently using the Graphtec CE6000-60 and whenever i'm cutting  and the size of the project is around or longer than 2.5 ft, the viny/media would bow (photo attached). Only cutting is not much of an issue but when i do a print and cut job, the cut sometimes are not alligned with the printed images which i think is due to the bowing of the vinyl/material( In smaller media like A4 sizes i have no issues). I would be very thankful if someone could help me out.

IMG20210830165730.jpg

No mention what type of vinyl.  Never had that issue with any Graphtec.  I put my pinch rollers about  1.5" in from vinyl edge on each side.  The roller marks don't hurt a thing.  I prefeed my vinyl from the roll for each order.   My vinyl lays flat.  I use Oracal vinyl. 

never had that issue with any of my graphtecs either until the ce7000 - like skeeter said make sure to prefeed and not make the plotter pull from a roll.   that plotter has been rode hard and put up wet - has it crept up on you since 2017 and gotten worse or is this a different plotter?

However, there can be another thing

The pressure on the pinch rollers may not be uniform. Did you happen to tighten the tension of the pinch rollers or did something with the adjustment screws if any on the machine?

OR

if the rubbers on the rollers do not wear out equally. Did you happen to replace any of the roller rubber recently? I would do all the rollers at once if I had to

On 8/30/2021 at 7:05 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

No mention what type of vinyl.  Never had that issue with any Graphtec.  I put my pinch rollers about  1.5" in from vinyl edge on each side.  The roller marks don't hurt a thing.  I prefeed my vinyl from the roll for each order.   My vinyl lays flat.  I use Oracal vinyl. 

I manily use LG vinyl and for print cut 3m vinyl.

On 8/31/2021 at 6:02 AM, kainth.c.s said:

However, there can be another thing

The pressure on the pinch rollers may not be uniform. Did you happen to tighten the tension of the pinch rollers or did something with the adjustment screws if any on the machine?

OR

if the rubbers on the rollers do not wear out equally. Did you happen to replace any of the roller rubber recently? I would do all the rollers at once if I had to

No I haven't made any adjustment 

Does the vinyl even lay straight out of the cutter on a flat surface?  Has humidity gotten to it?  If It lays straight, you should be able to put your hand  in the middle of the vinyl and hold it down before clamping the pinch rollers. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Robert2495 said:

No I haven't made any adjustment 

OK. If you happen to have a 48" wide media with more than 2 pinch rollers in place at a time, please make sure you start from one end and clamp them down in the sequence. A lot times, entrapment of some air in between the cinyl and the knurled roller may cause the vinyl not to move in a straight line or in a flat plane, causing it to bow. I guess we all would like a video to see from the time you start clamping to when it starts to bow. If you do not mind, please share it sometime. I guess someone among us will definitely be able to figure out why it is happening if it is seen when happening

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 5:57 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

Does the vinyl even lay straight out of the cutter on a flat surface?  Has humidity gotten to it?  If It lays straight, you should be able to put your hand  in the middle of the vinyl and hold it down before clamping the pinch rollers. 

Try placing your pinch rollers just a smidgen closer to the center - like maybe about 1.5" from the edge, equally spaced on the left and right side. Do worry about pinch roller marks, they will come out.

Is your vinyl completely flat, or is there some natural bowing in it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haumana said:

Try placing your pinch rollers just a smidgen closer to the center - like maybe about 1.5" from the edge, equally spaced on the left and right side. Do worry about pinch roller marks, they will come out.

Is your vinyl completely flat, or is there some natural bowing in it?

will try thr 1.5" spacing. Vinyl is almost completely flat, a little natural bowing, and somtime when it scans a registration mark it shows " off scale" but still proceeds to cut  and the result is not accurate at all.