Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

working in the background

working in the background to fight spammers and not answering questions as much for a couple more months
these photos pretty well explains the reason :(

to all the regulars you are doing a spectacular job helping everyone as usual 

DSCN0187.JPG

DSCN0198.JPG

Do what you got to do! Kudos to doing the reno on your own ... there is no way that I would trust Ken to do anything the demo phase. You know, 'cause I'd want the how water to come out of the fixture, when I set it hot, etc. Hahaha. Great job!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, haumana said:

Do what you got to do! Kudos to doing the reno on your own ... there is no way that I would trust Ken to do anything the demo phase. You know, 'cause I'd want the how water to come out of the fixture, when I set it hot, etc. Hahaha. Great job!!

Nothing to do but dig in and get it done.  We are not as fast as 25 years ago and this time all plumbing is moving 11”.   Demo was a bit slower as we filled 3 residential dumpsters a week instead of paying $1000 for an extra big dumpster.  That and everything seems heavier than last time. Oh and the 4 days of clean up after the storms, we got hit hard.  My daughter and sil have removed 14 loads of brush and only scratched the surface.  

• Sad 1

That's a lot of stuff. It's like a 3-ring circus going on. Wow!!

Tip for others on the forum working with large format tile - covering the tile with your application tape allows you to draw on the gloss surface and precisely cut those lines - used it for outlets and the first shower tiles and worked great.  you could draw on the back of the tile but when making the cuts I prefer to slowly cut from the good side to minimize any chipping.  the tile by the shower valves is just temporarily setting there until I mix more mortar - just checking fit

your vinyl supplies work great for so much more than decals. a while back I needed to cut a specific size hole in some aluminum and cut a circle in 651, applied it and then just followed the vinyl as a guide

DSCN0261.JPG

DSCN0262.JPG

DSCN0263.JPG

• Like 2

application tape trick worked great - entering the home stretch we hope - changed out mind on the main bathroom flooring and waiting on new stuff to come in.  whodathought application tape, and cutting 631 for layouts would be a part of a bathroom reno

P9130004.JPG

lotta work for a small bathroom, but don't plan on doing it again.  guess I am getting to be an old bugger 

At least you're willing to do it! I am having a difficult time getting Ken to just sit down and review the CAD drawings that I designed for the renovation/extension. I think he hopes it will all get done magically and one he will wake up and the project got approved, completed, and is ready for his enjoyment. :lol:

• Haha 1