Sign in to follow this  
Anetski

Roland TrueVIS eco solvent printers and "ink smell"

I am looking at the Roland rRueVis VF2-640 which prints with eco solvent inks. Does anyone have these? Are they suitable to have in your home. I have a very large office on the ground floor level of our home. I am just wondering if they still smell being eco?

Thank you

I have had 3 roland eco solvents in my home - OEM inks not bad at all, aftermarket stink terribly and cause more problems.  as to if it is safe I have no idea but had them for 7 years in our house running.  Just keep it printing every couple of days - biggest issue is people buying them because printing is sexy and easy and not enough use they are replacing very expensive heads - and the reason we sold out last one as we started going on 3 week vacations and hope to snowbird someday - I could count on at least 1 new head after 3 weeks away, even with the printer doing it's own self cleanings 3 times a day.  they don't like to sit unused and will let you know about it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Subject covered already; a quick Forum search produced this ---

thank you

8 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I have had 3 roland eco solvents in my home - OEM inks not bad at all, aftermarket stink terribly and cause more problems.  as to if it is safe I have no idea but had them for 7 years in our house running.  Just keep it printing every couple of days - biggest issue is people buying them because printing is sexy and easy and not enough use they are replacing very expensive heads - and the reason we sold out last one as we started going on 3 week vacations and hope to snowbird someday - I could count on at least 1 new head after 3 weeks away, even with the printer doing it's own self cleanings 3 times a day.  they don't like to sit unused and will let you know about it

sorry I don't know all the rems but what is OEM and aftermarket?

Original Equipment Manufacturer (i.e. -- inks offered by Roland directly) versus a third-party company that makes 'compatible' products.

For your home ink-jet made by Canon, for instance, you can buy their branded OEM inks or instead get cartridges refilled or remanufactured by aftermarket suppliers.

When dakota says printing is sexy, this is what he meant:

1-mp4.jpg

what slice said - OEM would be the Roland inks - there are other that make ink that works with the same printers but in my experience cause way more problems and much higher odors