iceman117

CE5000-60 compatable softwares

I've tried everything I can think of.  I cannot find a graphing software and a cutting software that will work together with the Graphtec CE-5000.  I can't find an older version of Illustrator 8 for windows, which allegedly works with Cutting Master 4.   Illustrator 10 and CS2 will not save in the formats (.PRT or .PLT) that I need for Cutting Master 4, yes I know its an old cutter.  I even tried a document conversion which allowed Cutting master 4 to read it, but it didn't convert right when I tried to cut.  So I either need a software that will talk to the CE5000 and read Adobe or another software's files, or a graphic software that will save in .PRT or .PLT.  I'm probably at close to 15 total hours installing, testing, and uninstalling different software's.

For $59. you can purchase  Vinyl Master cut from Vinyl Master.com.  and be on updated software. It's a download.   Inkscape.org is Free design software. and they keep it updated. Open source.  Export as .eps.  import into Vinyl Master.  I'm sure at 15 wasted hours, $59 is pretty cheap.  You can even download demos. Cutter needs to be on Command HP-GL.    Some people still use Signblazer, but it hasn't been updated for many years also,  Uses version 8.eps.   Not everything is free. Professional software costs $1000's.  Example. Flexisignpro.

• Like 2

Sounds a lot like you are still thinking in terms of raster graphics and not in the terms of vector graphics the plotter uses.   Conversion programs don’t work well with vector graphics that require tracing to make them readable with arcs and nodes instead of pixels.  Vinyl master is a solid choice, I had several ce5000’s and they work with many softwares made for plotters 

• Like 2

Thanks so much, I'll give vinyl master a shot.  I'm new to vinyl cutting, I don't know why I was so wrapped around cutting master.  Probably because the videos I watched and software on the graphtec site with little to no other info on other softwares for plotters.  

Vinylmaster worked... y'all are awesome.  Thank you.  I don't know why my endless google searches never came up with vinylmaster.

• Like 3

You know, we sit here at our computers for hours every day, designing & sending jobs through to cut, and when we can, we check in now and then to review posts and read questions about our little "hobby"

When a new guy shows up and gets this kind of problem solved in a matter of 60 minutes, that's a good feeling and lets us know we're on the right track.

iceman, I gotta ask -- what are you using the cutter for?