Puzzled

Quick question about vinyl cutting strip

Hey, long time reader but could do with a bit assistance from people with more experience.

I have a GCC Expert 24 and took a chance on buying a new cutting strip from ebay as struggled to find a genuine one to buy in the UK. The width matches up with the existing strip but the new one is about twice as thick so it would be raised slightly higher when installed. Does this matter? The head moves the blade down to touch the vinyl when I turn the cutter on so I assume its reading the distance between the blade and material so I'm guessing that it will adjust itself for the change from a slightly higher cutting strip?

Thanks for any help, I know its a beginners question but thought I'd check before taking the old one off. Didn't even think to check the depth, had a hard enough time finding the right width.

trial and error.

although, it might do well if you can measure the thickness and see if you can find one that matches the specs of your original teflon strip.

Return that wrong strip to the seller, and buy one that is correct for the machine specs.

Chances are, you'll need to order from a China supplier.