How do i do a test cut on the cutter. It doesnt have a test cut button.  There is also 'Laser OFF/On Work Mode' as you toggle the screen which i dont understand

From the user manual   You can find online. 

6.2.3.2 While in off-line state, press PAUSE twice, the machine will automatically
cut a small square from the media

Are you sure of what brand and model  of vinyl cutter you are using?   We can only go by what you are telling us.  You have never shown pictures. 

search for your user manual online.   There is only a couple hand fulls of volunteers who answer questions here, and none of us use a Creation Pcut.  Pcuts have not been sold here for a few years.  You will have to find a user manual and learn your machine. 

Derek, hi again, so after installing SignBlazer, were you able to get the Creation PCut to operate? You now have two threads simultaneously running regarding the same issue, and without answering if SignBlazer works, you are at an impasse with us.

Let's jump past the concern about a 'test' cut because it's not that important. What you need to do is have the cutter respond to the computer's command to cut.

I transported it on a bus for over 800km. Could something be loose? It powers ok. There is a connection to the PC. Display looks good with all buttons working. Only when i press the pause button twice it gives me the U-Disk thing

16255200506171229338873227245836.jpg

16 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Derek, hi again, so after installing SignBlazer, were you able to get the Creation PCut to operate? You now have two threads simultaneously running regarding the same issue, and without answering if SignBlazer works, you are at an impasse with us.

Let's jump past the concern about a 'test' cut because it's not that important. What you need to do is have the cutter respond to the computer's command to cut.

I did install SignBlazer but did not manage to cut. I guess i have to look at some settings to match the SignBlazer and the cutter. I will post an update tomorrow once i have done that. It's a great and easy option for me

If you are connecting USB cable, you must find and download the FTDI driver for your computer, and match the com port numbers in computer device manager and Signblazer. Com port numbers must be 1-4, nothing higher.   It does not set up like a printer. 

From Creation Pcut user manual.   

Your PCut setup is now complete and you are ready to move to the software installation section. If Using the USB Cable to connect the PCut to a Computer: Connect the USB cable (first to the PCut, then to the computer) If Windows automatically installs the needed drivers, your installation is complete proceed to “Finding your COM port”. If Windows does not install the needed drivers, but the found new hardware wizard appears, follow the instructions on screen, using the supplied drivers from the banana digital driver disk or download the FTDI driver from the support.uscutter.com website under downloads. If the found new hardware wizard does not appear, navigate to Control Panel>Add Hardware, to initiate it. Then follow the on screen instructions using the supplied drivers from the banana digital driver disk. -Finding Your COM Port First navigate to the Device Manager by following the below instructions for your operating system:

-Finding Your COM Port First navigate to the Device Manager by following the below instructions for your operating system: Windows95/98/Me: Click Start, then select Settings -> Control Panel. Select Device Manager. Windows2000/XP: Click Start, Then Right-click “My Computer” then select Properties. Select the Hardware tab. Click the Device Manager button. Windows Vista/7 Click Start, Then in the "Start Search" box, Type "Dev" (without pressing enter); wait for a list to show up. Click Device Manager. - 19 - Expand the section labeled “Ports (COM & LPT)”. Make a note of which number COM Port is associated with “USB Serial Port”. You will need this information to properly install your software. Install SignBlazer Software Insert the SignBlazer Elements CD into your computer. Select “Run Setup” . Follow the on screen instructions. When asked what cutter you want to use, select the Creation PCut CTE 630 When asked what port your cutter uses select the COM Port that corresponds with your setup (Noted above from the “Finding Your COM Port” section of the manual). Do not change the Baud Rate, Data Bits, Stop Bits, or Parity options. Make sure the Flow Control option is set to Hardware.

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037585792-PCut-Manual-Getting-Started

OP has not told us or shown the connection side of this cutter.  There are many different versions of Creation Pcut vinyl cutters.  I can find a manual for a CT630, but not a CT1200.   CT630 is only RS232 connection. 

The entire USCUTTER Support page has been revamped, Mz. Skeeter, so can you please provide a direct link to the FTDi download?

TIA.

The one that I've been linking to for years on their old website is HERE ------>  http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

I also managed to find a great VCP driver from this company ---->
https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-stm32102.html

OK,  so this is the direct link to obtain the FTDI driver ---    http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21216_Setup.exe

Interestingly, using the page you referenced (uscuttersupport, which is an older version of the UScutter website) offers the CDM20828 driver for the PCut, while the current page offers the CDM21216 driver.
I guess it's a case of 'Pick yer poison' and see what happens! Personally, I have had great luck with the VCP from STMicroelectronics, which installs the virtual com port to run my cutter on USB.

Either way, Derek, you should be on the right track now.

The OP also stated there was a Laser/on/off in his control panel.   Plain Laser pointer driver came up  CDM20824.   The original Laser pointer was a Creation Pcut with a laser. 

Joined yesterday but im so impressed with the kind of support i have received. The computer can now communicate with the cutter. What is remaining is for me to figure out how to send the work to the cutter using SignBlazer. I'm new to it so im learning how it works. I'm confident that once i figure that out i should do my first cut!  

Derek, hi again.

How do you know the cutter communicates with the computer? Sending a cut through and seeing it work is the verification of that.

With SignBlazer open, there is a CUTTER button on the toolbar. Then, you'll see an option for Cutter Setup, which gives you two vital things, Model cutter and Output Device. (among other settings).

Voila.