myko

Image size when importing art is smaller than it should be

Hey All,

1st post here and hoping some of you may be able to help.

When I import and image from Adobe Illustrator that is 22"Wx35.5"H, Cutstudio opens the image @ 2.2"Wx3.55"W.  Any ideas why the image dimensions come in smaller when importing files?

Another issue I'm having is increasing the size of the artboard.  What is the max size?

Thanks for your help!

This is a user to user forum.  Mostly Flexi, Vinyl Master, Signblazer, Signcut and Sure Cuts A lot software used here.  Only a  handful of people answer questions. This is more of a UScutter vinyl cutter and Graphtec crowd.  I do see that Roland has their own forum online.  You might get better help there. 

We ah e members that are proficient in ai that can hopefully shed some light on this, being a vector program cutstudio should be easy to verify size before plotting.   
uscutter sells Roland lottery that personally I think finds registration marks better than any other plotter when contour cutting as skeeter said a lot of our old timers use graphtec for the fine detail work.  Each has their strengths. Hopefully one of our ai gurus chimes in soon 

I can't speak for these two pieces of software, but I know in Inkscape there is a DPI setting the affects SVG files and if the DPI setting between to programs don't match the files may not come out the same size even though they are vectors.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 11:22 AM, myko said:

Hey All,

1st post here and hoping some of you may be able to help.

When I import and image from Adobe Illustrator that is 22"Wx35.5"H, Cutstudio opens the image @ 2.2"Wx3.55"W.  Any ideas why the image dimensions come in smaller when importing files?

Another issue I'm having is increasing the size of the artboard.  What is the max size?

Thanks for your help!

You are going to have to determine which program has the issue. Upload a simple AI file with something like a square or rectangle and I'll open it and see what it transfers over. I have been moving and doing a remodel/addition so I'm in and out of the forum lately but I'll try to pay attention. lol 

There is a quick key on the tools menu that lets you drag the art board to any size you like. AI DOES have a max size of 227 inches (I think)

Also some info. What file type are you exporting as? Some programs need specific file types or versions. I am unfamiliar with Cutstudio so can't help with that program but I use AI religiously.  I use SignCut Pro 1 and it likes to have older Version 8 Adobe files. It will accept other types but they often come through out of scale like you are talking about. SVG are smaller files and I tried to convert over and start using them but they were inconsistent in size so I quit using them. 

• Like 1