YerrytheYanitor

Cut through on the Graphtec CE6000-60?

Is it possible to have the Graphtec CE6000-60 intentionally cut through the backer of my vinyl? I want to make my stickers easier to peel and stick, without having to use transfer tape.

1 hour ago, YerrytheYanitor said:

Is it possible to have the Graphtec CE6000-60 intentionally cut through the backer of my vinyl? I want to make my stickers easier to peel and stick, without having to use transfer tape.

You can put it on a cutting mat and cut through. If you don't have something to act as a carrier sheet then it will all come apart in the middle of the cut and have a big mess. The CE6000 MIGHT have the KISS CUT or PERF CUT option that bounces up and down creating a perforated edge but I don't run Graphtec so I am not sure. My Summa will do that for printed work. It is hard on cutting strips but may be worth the trouble for mass sales of peel and stick type work. 

• Like 1

cutting through the backing and not using transfer tape have nothing to do with each other. To correctly apply vinyl you need to use transfer tape. If you don't the vinyl will easily stretch and warp when pulling from the backing paper and applying to the object.

• Like 3