Sign in to follow this  
Rebel2256

CE3000-60 mk2 help

Hi. I was given a Graphtec CE3000-60 MK2. I have download all drivers, firmware and CM2. I cannot get my computer (windows 10) to "see" the plotter. When I try to install the driver, it gets to the part that says "please plug in to power" and it tells me that it will send the driver to the plotter, but it does nothing whatsoever after I power on the plotter? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is your windows 10 64 bit? if so the cutter you have is a 32 bit, get on older laptop or desktop.

mark-s

I still run on Windows XP with 32 bit,   2006 Toshiba, with a Graphtec  They can be picked up cheap online.  In  a lot of cases under $100. Free ship.  Computers for vinyl cutters do not have to be fancy. 

great plotter and well worth getting a dedicated computer just for that plotter - I have owned several of them but not since I had windows 10.  the above suggestions are right on point but just for kicks I would try the ce5000 drivers also as the ce series I have noticed work with the same drivers up until after the ce6000 series - in my experience - if that doesn't work a cheap older computer works great to solve the issue - congrats on the great acquisition 

Any drivers used with a 64 bit computer will not work with a 32 bit machine.....

mark-s

Every one of the 5 computers we have are 64 bit windows 10. I did manage to get the cutter working. I just had to tell the programs to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode and it worked. 
I’ve successfully designed and cut 3 jobs so far. I am now having to take my time to learn Inkscape and how to use it to design and cut. I do not have Corel or adobe at this point, a bit of a financial burden right now. 
I have been using a silhouette cameo so there is quite the learning curve between the 2 machines. 

• Like 2