Sign in to follow this  
Kedoka

Heat Transfer Vinyl (Front) Bubbles/ Texture Problem

Hello US CUtter,

im  beginner at Heat Transfer Vinyl and   watched some Videos   to solve my Problem but no sucess.

Some Information for Pressing set up

I  Use HTV Front , an Household Iron  at the base wood , then a silicone mat on that the  fabric with the   Htv that i want to press on and on top Parchment Paper.

But i keep getting these Bubbles / Texture on my HtV sometimes more or less. 

I tried adjusting Pressure, Heat,  Duration,  but i cant get rid of   them completly.

To press  the Logo that i Cutted out  where i have to press multiple Times  to get  a good  Result Is Impossible for Me to get them Clean as I want. 

20210530_114337.thumb.jpg.1303e46f21e2ce019df5ba350bf0f54e.jpg20210530_102908.thumb.jpg.0738064efe6786a5f749f04766804a25.jpg20210530_113639.thumb.jpg.b476ea94660e58788c4e123cc4d16cf6.jpg

Most of us here use a heat press....let me guess what MAY be your problem:

Did you pre-heat the fabric to draw out moisture and flatten the fabric before laying on the HTV?

"Household iron" just might be the problem....not hot enough with not enough constant pressure.

The quality of your HTV could also cause poor results.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sue2 said:

Most of us here use a heat press....let me guess what MAY be your problem:

Did you pre-heat the fabric to draw out moisture and flatten the fabric before laying on the HTV?

"Household iron" just might be the problem....not hot enough with not enough constant pressure.

The quality of your HTV could also cause poor results.

I thought  that aswell the Heatpress  is my Problem because the iron Heat is to irregular, but i have seen Video that People have done it with an Iron aswell ,but never mention how to solve this kind of problem.

And i didnt wanna spend  200  Euro  on an Cricuit easy Press that i probably will not use very often , because i need for a Costume Project .

But if there is no other way, than i have to do it .

I never tried pressing HTV with a hand iron.....I only use an iron to try & remove errant HTV spots or

to correct a mistake if possible.

When pressing HTV I want to see the texture of the fabric showing through in the final imprint....

I don't see that in your photos.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Why brand htv  are you using ?    

Just now, Kedoka said:

I use HTV Front  and it is  pretty good rated by other people.

Several HTV suppliers say you can install with a hand iron (even Siser) BUT we who do this a lot do not recommend it. If it is for a one time costume that doesn't need longevity then you will get by... mabye. Getting enough heat AND pressure for the required dwell time are really hard with a hand iron. ALSO the Cricket press thingy-ma-bob is basically a large hand press iron so you're not getting much better with that thing. Even the most basic clam press out there will spank any hand applied option. If you think you'll do more than one shirt and you already have a cutter, a press of some sort will help you out immesurably. USC has a few options at very low price points for beginners. 

Like everything, you do get what you pay for and a little more investment will pay off in the long run if you do more later. If you can find one with a center point pressure or springs that allow the upper platen to adjust to differing shirt thickness you would be smart to go that route. HTV is very finicky about getting even pressure across all the area and some of the budget presses do not preform as well. 

Also, the bubles you are seeing are not uncommon even with a heat press in some circumstances. IF they are really small they may have no bearing on langevity. Most HTV will show the weave of the fabric as well. 

• Like 1