little

Serious problem with SC plotter

Hello everyone, I have a SC631 since 10 years ago, I use it as a hobby, not for professional use, and I've done a lot or stickers with it, but...

Last week the plotter started showing extrange characters in the LCD screen and stopped working, I don't know wich can be the problem, can anybody help me with this?

Everything looks ok, I checked the wires and the mainboard (until my knowledge reaches I can't see no one component broken).

I don't want it in the garbage for a little problem. Help please.

Best regards.

There are not many parts to a cutter and most likely is the main board. I don't know if you can still find replacement parts for that cutter or not. You'll probably have to go to ebay or some other used part reseller.

17 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

There are not many parts to a cutter and most likely is the main board. I don't know if you can still find replacement parts for that cutter or not. You'll probably have to go to ebay or some other used part reseller.

Thank you for you reply, I've been looking for main boards but I can't find one just like this. I think that this is too old.

I've been looking in Ebay, Aliexpress... but I didn't dind.

Do you know other sites?

Best regards.

20210514_162453.jpg

20210514_162507.jpg

Isn't there a part number on it some place?  How are you searching for it?  The cutter brand was a Liyu.  

32 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Isn't there a part number on it some place?  How are you searching for it?  The cutter brand was a Liyu.  

The brand is Liyu, you are right, the only part number that I can see is the one writen in the sticker, 1219 and the text in the botton of the image attached in this other picture

Captura.JPG

6 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

check the other side for a number  -

I can't see anything else...

20210520_201902.jpg

20210520_201856.jpg

well shucks, pull the roll of vinyl off that unit and slide a new titan2 in it's place 

11 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

well shucks, pull the roll of vinyl off that unit and slide a new titan2 in it's place 

:D:D 

Thanks, I think that I'll need a new one as you say but I don't like to make garbage with theses things, we are going to finish with the planet changing devices because of problems with small devices.

Best regards!