So I've had my graphtec for a while now and I always have this issue when trying to scale text,  my friend placed an order for a window banner that says "DAYTON" sized at 5" tall x 35" long , the issue I have is when I go to scale the text it says the correct size until I go to cut when I go to the cut screen the size drastically shrinks back down,  the only way I can get the text to cut the size I want is to trace the text then resize the traced text then it works fine.  This is driving me insane and I don't understand what the reason is for this.  If anyone can help I greatly appreciate it.

Have you calibrated your cutter to your software?  No mention which cutter or software, but most software has it.   Show a screen shot of your cut screen and problem with the settings on the cut screen.  Cutter model?  Software version? on which operating system? 

Doesn't sound like a calibration issue if he can get it the right size by tracing. What software are you using? How are you changing the size of the text? Sounds like somehow you're not actually resizing the text.

Are you using Graphtec Studio? It adds a cushion all around the text when you first type it out. If you size it with that cushion, it will end up smaller when you cut. If you ungroup the letters, you get the actual size they'll cut. The downsize is that you can't edit the text after ungrouping them.

Here's just typing the word and sizing it to 2x3.5

1.jpg.2944ec63c3d2b23e543f41209b4e1074.jpg

Ungrouped

2.jpg.7fe17b787fb7752a7c1b4925c007d4d7.jpg

Regrouped

3.jpg.0421bbb9686472185081f644f1fa7051.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1