Sign in to follow this  
chrise_91

mh 721 no respone

hi people 

i got a mh721 vinyl cutter with signblazer and have no respone from the cutter 

pc device manager ( ports - com 3 )

signblazer settings ( refine mh721 - com 3 )  both dual band 9600

i have changed usb contections to usb to 9 pin and vise versa and still no luck 

its like the cutter doesnt wont to do anything brand new cutter and i had it working like 5 weeks ago and no settings have changed 

any help would be great 

No mention of what operating system that you are using with your software.  Windows updates can change things.  You don't state whether the cutter can still do a test cut.  Also, unless you are using a Tripp-lite Keyspan adapter with the null modem that came with the vinyl cutter, you probably won't get the cutter to work with a USB to 9 pin connection.  A Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter does work.  That is the brand name.  And the only USB to serial cable that we advise.   Try to see if the cutter will work on a different newer trial software. 

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

No mention of what operating system that you are using with your software.  Windows updates can change things.  You don't state whether the cutter can still do a test cut.  Also, unless you are using a Tripp-lite Keyspan adapter with the null modem that came with the vinyl cutter, you probably won't get the cutter to work with a USB to 9 pin connection.  A Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter does work.  That is the brand name.  And the only USB to serial cable that we advise.   Try to see if the cutter will work on a different newer trial software. 

im using windows 10 and no windows updates turned them off i can also cornfirm it does the diamond test cut and yes i have tried andapter with and without and i have downloaded signcut pro 2 and the cutter still doesnt give any respone 

Where did you buy the cutter?   Did you purchase a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter?  That is the brand name. 

Did you purchase this?   This works with a vinyl cutter.   The MH cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset in them.  They are not TRUE USB. 

Tripplite.JPG

8 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Where did you buy the cutter?   Did you purchase a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter?  That is the brand name. 

Did you purchase this? 

not to sure if i can mention company names but brought it of sinzsworld uk last year and yes i did purchase the adapter of amazon 

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the FTDI driver and make sure it is working.   Make sure the com ports match below 1-4. Try new cables.   Maybe someone else has something to add. I don't.

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the FTDI driver and make sure it is working.   Make sure the com ports match below 1-4. Try new cables.   Maybe someone else has something to add. I don't.

ok will try that thank you for ur help

11 minutes ago, chrise_91 said:

ok will try that thank you for ur help

Show some screen shots of your set up.  maybe someone else can see a problem.  Your welcome.