Sweettbailey

Need help cutting different colors

I'm trying to cut this image and others like it but it won't show all of the colors like a video I watched I only have the program that came with my cutter do I have to upgrade to cut stuff like this? Please someone help 

Screenshot_20210511-180358_Samsung Internet.jpg

a vinyl cutter only cuts vector files.  (outlines) like .eps, .ai, svg, cdr and some others.  Where is your vector file?  That looks to be a printed image.  A vinyl cutter cannot cut that, until it has been vectorized.  You only vector text, as a last resort. You find the fonts and recreate the Text.   Learn the difference between a vector design and a  raster design. 

Thanks I did vectorize I just didn't put the right picture on here it shows the colors in the boxes but the gold colors is crossed out I saw a video of someone doing a colorful picture and all of his colors were showing anyway thanks for the reply. I made this but I had to cut it out as two separate things and put them together 

20210508_180047.jpg

We don't know what you are doing, which software you are using or what video you are watching.  

Just now, Sweettbailey said:

Ok thanks I just thought someone would know what I was doing wrong sorry to bother 

Maybe someone else will come along.  I use Flexi software.  

You can't cut multiple colors of vinyl at the same time and you will have to piece it together just like you did for the words. Now you can have the various colors all in the design and put down registration marks to help line things up but you can only load and cut one color at a time.

• Like 1

Colors have to be cut separate, always. Unless you're printing and sublimating. If you're trying to do PSV (pressure sensitive vinyl), or HTV, there is no way of getting around that. Is there a way to minimize wasted HTV? usually there is, but that also means manual alignment before pressing. Is there a way to minimize wasted PSV? yes on that answer too, but it's not worth the effort when doing multiple colors - better to waste the vinyl and use some kind of registration mark, or alignment shape.