Sign in to follow this  
MDesigns

SC 2 cutting strip Issue.

Well here we are again still 2 months later and I cannot get US cutter to resolve this issue correctly. First I was sent a strip with the 3m backing, the backing pulled away from the strip during installation causing the tape to separate and then bind under the strip causing uneveness, in turn causing cutting issues.  I asked for another one I wait 2 months and they send me just a strip with no adhesive as a replacement, not bother to state that the replacement was not the same. So now 2 months later still waiting on a good cutting strip.

Where else can these be obtained? US cutter has let me down more times than I can count this year.

I don't understand your complaint.  The  replacement ad clearly states that the cutting strip does not come with adhesive or glue right on the ad description.  You are to apply the cutting strip with double stick tape. Unless you want to buy the other 2 options from UScutter.  The same cutting strip is used for different  vinyl cutters. Trim to fit. So get yourself some double stick tape and apply it.   None of the replacement cutting strips come with any type of adhesive.  You have a usable cutting strip.  Actually you have 2 usable cutting strips.   You have 3 options to apply it.  The 2 options that they have for sale or get some double stick tape.  Double stick tape is what most people apply them with.   I hope that you scraped off the old adhesive from your cutter,  and cleaned it good which alcohol, when you replaced the first cutting strip.  You don't state what happened to the first cutting strip, that it needed replaced,  damaged, scratched etc. but many people just turn them over and use the other side, applied with double stick tape.  My 2c.

https://uscutter.com/sc2-laserpoint-3-vinyl-cutter-replacement-cutting-strip/

NOTE: This cutting strip does NOT come with an adhesive, however, we offer two adhesive options for you to choose from in the pull-down option menu.

Cutting strips are designed to be non-stick, so special care must be taken to use an appropriate adhesive to keep them in place. Depending on the environmental conditions where you will use your cutter, you may want to use either double-sided tape or adhesive glue.

If your cutter is likely to be used in a temperature controlled environment, double-sided tape should be sufficient.

Here is an Ebay  ad for your cutting strip.   For a Liyu vinyl cutter.  (NOT USCUTTER ad)   Apply double stick tape.

Liyu cutting strip.JPG