rjbrittain11

Cutter randomly accelerates when contour cutting

I have VinylMaster Cut V4, the basic version and I have a USCutter Titan 3 28" in cutter.  Most of the time everything is fine when printing and contour cutting, but when doing large sheets, i.e. 24x36", around 3/4 of the way through the cut, the Titan 3 would just accelerate super fast.  It will then slow back down, but speed up again.  This is random as far as I can tell.

I have it speed set most of the time at 72mm/s and force at 180g.  The cutter is connected via USB to my PC.

When it accelerates it's probably going triple or even quadruple the speed it was going and it still stays on track and cuts accurately, but because of the speed, the blade will not orientate correctly when changing directions and then starts to skip on the cut.  I'm able to fix this in post production, but it really is troublesome.

Anyone have any ideas on this or have had something like this happen?  I can try to get a video of it but like I said, its fairly random.

Contact Tech support, they do not come here very often. There is only a hand full of people  (volunteers) on here that answer questions and I have never seen this problem ever posted in my many years of being on here.  The hand full of people that answer questions do not own a Titan 3. Tech support would be your best option. 

Very strange, does it do when cutting normal large designs or only contour cutting? Be sure to post back if/when you resolve the problem.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.