1 minute ago, DawnR said:

oks o I did have a port on my pc, on my cutting software do I need to change it to something or leave it at the graphtec usb like it states?

Put it connected to your computer. 

and that is coming Tuesday.  Do I need a special cable if the one that came with it isnt long enough?

I give up, that didnt work.  I will wait for the cable to arrive and pray that works.

I am just not thinking it is from the updates.  I have a feeling it is the USB port on my cutter that is bad, since it is really loose and when I unplug it I dont get a notification sound like every

thing else does when I unplug it. I could be wrong but a gut feeling I guess.  But then why does my pc say it is running correctly...  and when I was monkeying with the cord yesterday I did get a sound that it connected but then the cable moved.....Heck I just dont know.

I will chat with you once my cable comes Tuesday, until then have a great week.

SO you are not going to believe this but, I happen to go into my programs and under graphtec  I opened up the graphtec cutter plotter controller and did a test cut and it cut from that software so that is

telling me that it is communicating......now to figure out how to cut a design.

Not sure about the Graphtec's but some of the cheaper cutters do not like it if you go through a USB hub, they have to be connected directly to the computer.

• Like 2

Thank you and yes I am hooking it up to my laptop and hopefully that works.  I also have ordered a RS232 cable and go that route incase my port is bad on the cutter.

Crying tears of joy here.  I hooked my cutter up to my laptop via USB and just to try one last time before I hooked up the RS232 cable.  

I knew as soon as I plugged the USB cable into my laptop that it would work as I got the notification sound.  I can even use my illustrator

and send to CM4 and it all works.  So now that means my desktop pc has some issues. Not sure what or if it is even from the update.

Thank you all for your words of wisdom.

• Like 2