It doesnt let me go back to last week in April when the last update was.

So I installed Graphtec Studio Pro, why wont it let me add a set up for my cutter.....

I am getting so frustrated.

Are you talking about Graphtec Pro Studio?   If so, do you have the cutter command on HP-GL?  It must be to use it. 

oh scuttle butt I didnt know that I had to have it to that one.  Do I do that on the cutter?

watching a video and it says for graphtec studio to have it set at GP-GL

Which is what I have always had it at.....I am confused

5 minutes ago, DawnR said:

watching a video and it says for graphtec studio to have it set at GP-GL

Which is what I have always had it at.....I am confused

I suggested days ago if you received Graphtec Pro Studio, to download and use it.  That is what I am referring to.  It uses HP-GL  Command.  Much better software than any of those other softwares.  Over $1000 software. Didn't you get a license when you bought your cutter?  

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-software-pro-studio

did research on that also and alot of graphtec users put it in the one you stated.  Going to try that.

Yes I am installing it now.  I have my cutter set to the HP-GL and waiting for the update on the Graphtec Studio Pro software to finish. Yes I have the license for it.

I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you for all your help so far, sorry if I was a pain.  

I hope it works.  Your welcome.:D   I stay back on older XP computers. No problems at all. Can pick up under $100 free shipping.   Cheap to get back ups. 

I hope it works also.  If not I am sure you will hear me scream.  I am one that can not handle change or when things go wrong...terrible anxiety or just getting old

I just use Flexistarter 8.6 for cutting, on an old 2006 Toshiba laptop. XP.   Never have problems.  Cutters don't need fancy computers. 

You have been lucky and like I said before, this is the first time I had trouble since I got my cutter in 2018.  I am a graphic designer by trade and do vinyl and sublimation as a hobby and on the side job out of my home.

I use illustrator so that is why I never installed the software that came with the cutter.  I hope this all works.

Again thank you so much.

Did you hear me scream Skeeter?  It says it is sending and counts percentage like it is cutting and it isnt.

lol I have one ordered it is coming Tuesday.

Picture is what I get but nothing.  I hope the RS232 works.

Is there setting up to do with it?

1.JPG

Skeeter, I have a question for you since you have been so helpful.

I have been researching and I read that if the ports are not the same on your pc and the cutter that could cause

to  happen what is happening to me, acting like it is cutting by isn't.  My question is on my software you can pick your port and it

is stated to pick graphtec USB, should I have my pc set at something special?  When it comes to ports etc I am not to knowledgeable.

I have my cutter connected to a usb hub and the set up that I always had and worked great until a week ago.

A Graphtec has True USB.  You can use  TRUE  USB on any com port.   Value cutters do not have TRUE USB.  They require a FTDI driver to assign a com port  number in device manager.  The you must match that number in the cutter software.  Totally different connection. 

when I go into device manager my cutter says port 3 hub 4 doesnt that mean anything?

I also forgot to add, unless that is on a powered hub,  Hubs don't work for Vinyl cutters.   I have never used a hub.   I have plenty of com ports.  I can plug my cutter into any com port on my laptop and  it works, I do not need to change anything.  It is on TRUE USB.   USB in my cutting software, not a com port number.  

oks o I did have a port on my pc, on my cutting software do I need to change it to something or leave it at the graphtec usb like it states?

Using the RS232 cable, you will download a driver for the RS232, then follow the instructions for it.