Hornnumb2

Apply RV trailer stripes

I am going to restripe my travel trailer and wondering since I will be doing it wet could I get away from using transfer tape? Of course you can see how white it is under the stripe compared to the sidewall so alignment is critical. Thanks for any suggestion. Michael

We can't see anything, but we appreciate what you are saying -- the old decals have left behind a 'shadow' and you want to cover it exactly.

Yes, you can do it wet, and peel off the cut stripes directly from the backing paper, so no need to use app tape.
It's not a one-person job, however.

lay down some knifeless tape along those white lines - lay your vinyl sheet down over that and use the knifeless to cut the vinyl on those huge areas - will be easier and more accurate

• Like 1

+1 on the knifeless tape, that stuff is awesome. Used it to redo some stripes on my car, so much easier than trying to get the vinyl to account for the subtle curves on the car.

Well I wasn't happy trying to do it my way, so I am going to try the 3m tape. Anything special about application on it?

On 5/1/2021 at 5:19 AM, Hornnumb2 said:

Bought application fluid or homemade?

strictly personal preference. just don't do it in the direct sun, or when your trailer is hot.