Sign in to follow this  
Guest gracewriter

A morning visitor

Does this look like your problem ducks? MuscovyDuckMaleCIMG2008.JPG

If so it is a Muscovy duck. They are just plain Nasty and annoying. I am pretty sure they are looked upon as bad ducks everywhere.

As for Raccoons eating Ducks yes they will eat a duck. My dad raises Chickens, Ducks, and Turkeys and had a problem with a Raccoon getting his ducks from inside their pen. They are very smart animals and strong too.

Guest gracewriter

That's one ugly duck!  would make second runner up to the  ones here.  The head looks similar, but the bodies are more black than white. 

The raccoon is still up in the tree.  Ya think he's dead?  I can't sit still for more than a minute before I start going nuts.  Like today for instance, got rained out early and outside of the raccoon and birds bickering it has been the MOST BORING DAY OF MY LIFE.  How do people retire?

Guest gracewriter

I used to own a frame shop and right next door was a Chinese restaurant.  Every once in a while all those b-ugly ducks would disappear all at once from the back of the plaza.  After we realized the trend in the disappearance of the ducks, we stopped eating there.

Lol yea when animals start disappearing near restaurants its a good sign not to eat there.

The Muscovys come in different colors also.

Wish I"d known about the peanuts, although he still may be up there.  We keep peanuts around for the squirrles but felt stupid thinking about offering them to a raccoon.  Figured he was more dignified than that. We can get the squirrels to eat out of our hands, but now that John has freightened me about sweet looking little animals who may not be frothing at the mouth if they have rabies, well, kind of ruined it for me.

I'm probably going to have nightmares tonight  :o

Just make sure they are shelled peanuts, and that you mix some chocolate in with 'em.

Guest gracewriter

Thanks for the tip, Ken.  I hope to get started well before the rains tomorrow, and if not I can spend the second most boring day of my life shelling nuts--because he still hasn't come down yet! If he's still there in the morning, I may have to look up animal totems and find out why this raccoon parked in my life, and now yours too...and I just may do that anyway and report back.

We also have a "ton" of turkey vulters down here.  When you see them it's supposed to mean big change is coming in you life. (ok, I admit I have a lot of native american in me and we think about those things)  When they are in flight, they are magnificant.  But when they are devouring the corpse of a dead, well duck, rather ominous looking.  And don't get me started about how they clean the dead cells off their legs to keep themselves clean from all that bacteria....not a pretty thought.

Bless you for being so kind to that family of raccoons, you must get so much pleasure in feeding them, I know I would.  You are a generous, kind soul (and have put up with a lot coming from this crazy B. )  Only thing that shows up around here with regularity are these mutant ducks and you don't dare feed them.

Guest gracewriter

Ok, I just had to look it up. 

As a person who has a great deal of Native American blood running through her veins, I can tell you this is not just for me but for all those who have come to this thread.  And if nothing else, you can now know for sure, I'm "really out there" and by all means kick me off this forum so I don't have to feel so weird.  The Raccoon may be in my yard, but he has touched all of your lives today.  So it pertains to each and everyone of us in different ways. 

When I read this, the hairs on my neck stood up because it describes excactly what I am going through in my life right now.  So you all may want to contemplate how it pertains to your lives because the "raccoon"  showed up there today". It doesn't mean bad or good things, just things.

Ready?

A Raccoon totem can teach you how to wear masks for many reasons

as the need arises.

It can teach you how to mask, disguise and transform yourself.

Don't you act differently with your boss, parents, children, husband, friend, strangers.

Those are all masks you put on.

Masks are one of the tools of transformation.

It helps us to change what we are into what we want to be.

Raccoons also teach you how to put asleep the part of you that is not needed

and awaken the aspect of yourself that is.

Ok, maybe this is getting a little too deep for this forum, but I have to admit this description, for me at this time in my life is a little too accurate and erie for comfortability.

Well you have made for one interesting thread and you probably had NO idea when you started it, that it would just keep going and going!! hehe  :o 

Jenny

PS..you better NOT leave the forum.  :o