Eddie.Quigley

Foison C24 problem

Hi , I know there will be a lot of eye rolling when I say I am a total newbie where plotting is concerned , I got my foison C24 working ok , did a couple of projects ok , but my laptop crashed halfway through a job and since then when i test the connection the plotter head does not move , and when I send a job to the plotter the progress bar goes all the way but the plotter doesn`t move , I am using an activated version of easycut studio, and I found it connected before through coms 4, I have tried uninstalling easycut and installing on my desktop but still have the same problem , when I started easycut on the desktop the last project I sent to the plotter came up ? is there a way the plotter has held that job and is this what is stopping the machine,   I have looked for trouble shooting guides etc and did the turn off unplug plug back in ( get the connection tone when I plug the USB lead in ) , any help would be very appreciated as I am pulling my hair out at the moment 

Hi There, Mr Eddie.Quigley, we're just here seeking ways to help folks troubleshoot using this Forum, sometimes we succeed, sometimes not. The eye-rolling we save for those who aren't even trying to keep up !

Let's review your issue --  1. You had a different laptop activated using this software. Since it crashed, you never De-Activated it.

2. With a new laptop, you installed the same software, and cannot get it to work?

3. Have you attenpted any other software (such as SignBlazer, using C24 in setup)?

Let's see what we come up with.

thank you Slice&dice for getting back to me , this is my 1st dabble into the world of plotter cutters , been doing 3d printing hence the eye rolling comment , so I bought a licensed copy of easycut studio to go with a 2nd hand foison C24 , got it connected and it was cutting fine, cut about 10 different projects,  I had a project being sent to the c24 when my laptop crashed, it restarted and easycut popped up saying it had shut down unexpectedly and to recover last project , which I did and it was after this I have been having problems ,after trying everything I could I wondered if it was the cutting program , so following the way to uninstall I first deactivated the license before installing on my desktop computer , but this did not fix the problem, as the C24 will still not move when I try and test the connection or send a project to the plotter, I have tried to use a different coms connection in the dropdown menu in easycut studio but no joy , would you suggest I try a different software to eliminate the possibility it is this as i am getting the same problem with different computers, hope this has explained things a bit better 

For some reason your laptop crashed.  Have you tried a system restore on that laptop? No mention on the 2nd desktop of installing the FTDI driver.  Cutter does not have TRUE USB.  Only higher end cutters do.   You have to have a com port number in device manager 1-4, Then you choose the same number in your cutting software, 1-4. They must match. Are you able to use the arrows on the vinyl cutter to move the carriage head? 

MZ Skeeter , yes the head moves with the arrows and if I dont zero the x position in offline and put back into online the head goes back to the home position, the laptop was working ok and it is working ok now without a system restore which is strange I agree , when I say crash it froze and wouldnt do anything with out doing ctrl atl del and closing easycut from there ,( it was the only program running on it) , i had set up the coms 4 port to connect to the C24 and as i said it had been cutting just fine but then wouldnt do anything , is it possible the plotter has retained part of the last job sent through to it which is stopping it recieving new instructions 

20 minutes ago, Ellers custom finishes said:

MZ Skeeter. I have a question on my LP II cutter. How can I message or contact you?

Excuse me, put you don't go jumping on some else's thread, unless you have an answer about a Foison 24.  This post is about a Foison 24 vinyl cutter. Start your own thread. If some one wants to answer it, they will. You cannot contact me. 

A value cutter is always better on a serial cable or a Tripp-lite Keyspan adapter. That is the brand name.  You use the serial cable that came with the cutter and connect it to the  Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter then to the vinyl cutter.   Value cutters have a cheap Chinese chip in them, not TRUE USB. 

Does you're computer by chance have a serial port? No need for an adapter if you do. Serial ports are rare these days but some desktop computers still have them.

I am having a similar problem. i managed to find and install sb with my foison c48 in the drop down list and have connected it via usb as well as the serial port. when i send the command to print it shows that the job is being done but the plotter head doesn't move at all. in offline mode everything works from the control panel.

20210619_110317.jpg

sending output to cutter.jpg

Edited by Ismail Motala
add picture

Using USB connection, Did you download and install the FTDI driver for whatever Windows you are using?     You must.  Search online.  Then reboot your computer. Then you find that com port number (between 1-4)  nothing higher  in your computer device manager and choose the same com port number in  Signblazer.  The vinyl cutter is not a printer. It does not set up like a printer.   I hope you are choosing CUT, not Print.   A vinyl cutter only cuts vector designs.   You should be doing test cuts from the vinyl cutter, test cut feature,  to check the blade depth and blade offset before cutting any designs. That is part of the cutter set up, or you will be wasting a lot of vinyl. You do test cuts and fine tune the vinyl cutter to cut good.