Sign in to follow this  
Lee1985

Pix max 720 issue

Hi all, 

I'm currently using a pixmax 720 and having a constant issue with lines not meeting at the corners etc. Before this machine I was using an old but trusty roland colorcamm pc50 which didnt seem to have this type of issue. the issue is that my cuts are not completing mainly at the edges, you can see a slight skew of the blade movement and then a gap? offset is 0.25mm for my 45 degree blade? ive set the blade height (not the credit card method either :) ) any ideas?

Have you tried doing a test cut from the control panel? 

Can you post a pic of the misaligned cut?

Have you tried adjusting the offset? you can go a little up, or a little down to find the sweet spot.

How small or large is your design?

Have you tried to slow the speed down?

What software are you using?

I've tried quite a few things :( im basically trying to get rid of this issue. I'm testing it on a approx 100mm x 100mm star with test text in the middle. I've attached the issue I'm getting. my current speed is 100mm/s and 40g force. I've tried an overcut from 0.500mm all the way up to 4mm. I got rid of the gap but now no matter what it just seems like the blade digs in before starting to cut

miss align.jpg

8 hours ago, Lee1985 said:

or its staying in too long a skewing off

Actually that is where your blade first rest and is drug into the position to cut, quite common on value plotters and small cuts and the nature of a drag blade plotter.    You will find it quite different going from a Roland to and entry level plotter