Sign in to follow this  
cbs2019

Tripplite Keyspan Windows 10 Stop Code

Anyone had a Windows 10 Blue screen of death while using a Triplite Keyspan adapter.  Seems like I only get it while the Tripplite adapter is plugged in.  The adapter works great with the SC2 cutter, it cuts well.  Just get a windows "stop code" blue screen periodically when attached.  When not attached computer works fine.    Using Vinylmaster LTR, my computer is a AMD Ryzen 7 with 16 gigs.

Not seen anyone posting here with that particular failure in years that I've been around.

Just out of curiosity, what issues did you have (if any) with the USB porting to the SC2?

I've been cranking an SC2 cutter at top 800 speed & 90 force through USB for years, albeit through WinXP and SignBlazerElements, but still...

Initially when I setup the cutter I had problems with self detecting and finding the correct usb port.  It was just easier for me to locate the appropriate com port.  I had also read on the forum recommendations for using the keyspan with the sc2.  Maybe I need to tinker more with the usb port?

If you search online there are fixes for the blue screen of death, Windows 10, and it is possibly caused by corrupt files. 

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

If you search online there are fixes for the blue screen of death, Windows 10, and it is possibly caused by corrupt files. 

Thanks for the info.  I've tried cleaning the unwanted stuff.  I updated some component's drivers.  Just wanted to make sure it wasn't the new adapter. Thanks again.

32 minutes ago, cbs2019 said:

Thanks for the info.  I've tried cleaning the unwanted stuff.  I updated some component's drivers.  Just wanted to make sure it wasn't the new adapter. Thanks again.

Your welcome  :D

On 4/18/2021 at 10:48 PM, slice&dice said:

Not seen anyone posting here with that particular failure in years that I've been around.

Just out of curiosity, what issues did you have (if any) with the USB porting to the SC2?

I've been cranking an SC2 cutter at top 800 speed & 90 force through USB for years, albeit through WinXP and SignBlazerElements, but still...

I went back and tried setting up direct usb.  The cutter doesn't appear in device manager and no usb ports appear in the Vinyl master cutter setting after selecting "direct usb".  Does this mean the cutter may have a faulty usb port? I'm I not doing something right?

Did you download the FTDI driver and install it? Then reboot your computer?   Value cutters do not TRUE USB like high end cutters.   It creates a com port number. It must be between 1-4 nothing higher.   Both com port numbers have to match in your device manager and your cutting software. 

I did try to download the FTDI driver but wasn't sure what to do with the files.  I did not see an executable file in the download.  It has been a long time since I installed for my laserpoint 24 that I replaced.

Thanks MZ Skeeter you saved the day.  I was able to locate an executable file for the FTDI driver.  Apparently I was looking at the wrong files and I was trying to set up a direct usb setting instead of a emulated com port setting.  I matched the com port in windows hardware manager to the port listed in the software and I now can cut with just a usb cable instead of the keyspan.  I really appreciate everyone's  help.  Thank you greatly.

Your welcome:D, but you may run into other problems going back to USB. You may not now be able to run large jobs. Problems with static.. Flow of data.