hartmutnitschke

SK720T doesn't work

Hello everyone,
I bought a used cutter on eBay and now have some problems with getting it to work.

The cutter has come with no further Instruction. The package contained the cutter itself and a software called SignCut. After I installed the software and wanted to plot something, it doesn't work.
After some research I found out, that it is probably a Seiki 720T. I tried the cutter on different PCs, on some the cutter is shown up as a Com Port with the name CH340 on others it was only listed as unknown USB device.

The testprogramm on the machine is running without any further problem.

Can someone help me with setting the machine up?

I am using Windows 10.

Please excuse the mistakes in the text. I’m from Germany, and my English is not really perfect.

Thanks
Hartmut

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 18.54.32(3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 18.54.32(2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 18.54.32(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 18.54.32.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 18.56.24.jpeg

You must download and extract the driver and install it.  Then find the com port number in your computer device manager  (1-4) only and select that same com port number in your cutter software set up. Vinyl cutters are not plug and play.  You have to set it up manually to make a connection between your computer and vinyl cutter. It is always best to run a value cutter like that on serial connection or a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter. That is the brand name They have a cheap Chinese chipset in them. 

Thank you for your fast response, we have tried to use the cutter with the USb Cabel and have downloaded the driver for a CH340 Chipset which looks like to be an Serial to USB Chip.
When I understand you correct you sugest tu use a seperate USB to Serial adapter and try them.

Also is the question for me how i exactly configure the cutter in the Software.

You need to learn your cutting software.  I don't use that software.   See if there is HELP at the top of your layout screen. Most cutting software have the instructions in the software.   Go in to the cutter set up and choose the com port number that is in your device manager and your vinyl cutter brand.  Choose Seiki 720T   Go to Google and find the FTDI driver for windows 10, download it and install it.  Reboot your computer.  I have no idea what CH340 is.   A Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter has it's own chipset, and is much better than the cheap chipset on your vinyl cutter.  We always tell people who purchase value cutters that it is a much better connection. The Tripp-lite has it's own driver.    Your welcome  :D

Would love to see him come back soon and tell us he got this Seiki to run !!

The hardest part of cutters is this Com thing. It's a "legacy" hardware proposition, leftover from the days when HewlettPackard developed the plotter language (HPGL) that went into these machines' circuitry brains. Back in the 1950's, and here we are, stuck with it.

I like the idea of the bluetooth communication with that new cutter, the PrismCut. I'm imagining a future where the iPad can direct my cutter, with touchscreen controls.

Anyway, I digress...