I have model KI-870 cutter and my set up light has been blinking all day. I have tried pressing the reset button, turning the machine off and back on again and even unplugging it and nothing seems to work. Some one please help. I have a order of decals due Monday and I'm stuck and cant get anything done. 

Can some one tell me something else to do to make it stop blinking???

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

It appears your vinyl cutter is a Vevor. so contact their support.   I have only seen people on here screaming that their Vevor cutter is a nightmare,

• support@vevor.com

i have emailed them and awaiting a response. I was just hoping that someone might have the same machine and could help me out. I have ordered a new machine from US Cutter. But of course that doesn't help me out this weekend.

I hope that you read the many posts on here about which vinyl  cutter  we recommend.  We suggest the SC2, as the the least value cutter to purchase.  Anything higher would also be best.( Less problems and most people like it real well.)   It's true, you get what you pay for in vinyl cutters. 

While your machine is powered off, try moving the blade carriage away from the side, then power it back up.

Get a philipps screwdriver, remove the end-caps of your machine (4 screws hold each side). Then open the top rail (two screws, then tilt the rail back).  (Make sure you're not connected to power)

Disconnect the carriage ribbon, and undo the keypad. Then, plug the unit into the mains. (be careful, you've got exposed live wires now).

Reconnect the keypad and ribbon while the power is on. This might 'jolt' things back to operation.

The OP hasn't been on here for over a year.  Contact Vevor, your tech support. There is only a handful of members that answer questions on here and they don't own a VEVOR.   Or try what was mentioned above your post. No one has stated that the above Vevor was fixed. 

CuttingPlotterNewbie, hey there! It seems that your machine is failing to pass the start-up self-test procedure. Normally, when you power up the unit, three things will occur:

1} The blade carriage will move along the rail to the far right and stop. (X)

2} The grit rollers will spin back and forth (Y)

3} The blade holder will rise and fall (Z)

When this does not happen, the reason can be several things, among them a blown circuit on the motherboard, or perhaps a bad internal cable connection somewhere, or a malfunction of the 'stop switch' (red button) that tells the cutter that the carriage has moved to the home position.

We cannot troubleshoot long-distance, so get your philips screwdriver and start pulling the machine apart and take a look inside for anything obviously disconnected or out of place.