Sign in to follow this  
Chris Dennant

Cutting Horizontally, not Vertically

I have a MH 721-MK2, and I'm trying to cut multiple copies of a design, but the cutter wants to cut them vertically, which is a horrible waste of vinyl. How do I get the cutter to cut 2 images abreast horizontally? it shows them horizontally, but when you press area test the images show up vertically, and that's the way it wants to cut them. Very frustrating.

No mention of which cutting software you are using..  You change it in your cutting software.  Vertical or horizontal.  You have to learn how to use your cutting software. 

• Like 2

"Rotate Across Vinyl" is a cool little checkbox (does in SBE, anyway; I forget what it is called in VM) that changes the orientation depending on the design and the width of vinyl.

For instance, I want to cut a design for a banner 10 feet long, 2 feet wide -- gotta make sure it runs the correct way, and the Cutting Manager shows that in relation to the vinyl coming through the machine, using a drawing/illustration of the cutter on my screen.

Don't get frustrated, Chris. Get Glad!

Tell us what software you're using, and then you stand a chance of getting a viable solution from the forum.

Most cutting software will show you, or have the ability to show you, how it's going to send the job to the cutter. You should be able to rotate your design 90-degrees and get it to cut across rather than front to back.

16 hours ago, Chris Dennant said:

I have a MH 721-MK2, and I'm trying to cut multiple copies of a design, but the cutter wants to cut them vertically, which is a horrible waste of vinyl. How do I get the cutter to cut 2 images abreast horizontally? it shows them horizontally, but when you press area test the images show up vertically, and that's the way it wants to cut them. Very frustrating.

I guess you need to do a layout on your software's interface before sending everything to the production manager of your software. I strongly feel you need to cut some designs one way and some rotated at 90 degrees so as to utilise the vinyl better and minimise the waste. Is it so?