Sign in to follow this  

I picked up a CE2000-60 for next to nothing. I have a CE1000-60 that I purchased brand new in like 1999-2000, and it's a work horse! I am using Gerber Omega software and I had used the HPGL-24 interface with my 1000 with no issues. I tried the same with the 2000 and the cutter just goes to the right ride of the vinyl and cuts at random going forwards and backwards. Any ideas?   I am also looking on how to set my plotting area. My 1000 has a length of 1178.0 inches and the 2000 has 78.7 inches. I did change the plotter from mm to inches. Another difference I noticed between the two is the cond 2 on my 1000 is 09U-1 20 and the 2000 is 09U-0 18

I am wondering if that's an issue and I need to find out how to change the plotting areas and conditions

Thanks for any help!

I would bet that the cutter is trying to run on GPGL I read a post about the cutters defaulting to GPGL if they are ran on Graphtec software and needing to go in and swap the command language if running other cutting software. I don't own or know much about the Graphtec cutters other than what I read about them but that seems to be the best starting place. Double check the setting on the machine itself and make sure its set to HPGL.