AB Signs

Sieki SK720T - Blade Holder

I just purchased a new Seiki SK720T and I am having trouble with the Pen/Blade Holder. I followed the instructions in the User Manual , but the Blade or Pen DO NOT raise 1/8" after turning on the machine. What could be the problem?

I tried calling Seiki support, but I am not getting through. The number I call (888) 777-5956 is for Seiki TV support.

In the OFF position.JPG

In the ON position.JPG

If the blade holder is dragging when itʻs not supposed to it, then you have it seated too low. But this is the first machine Iʻve seen that there no means to securely seat it between grooves, or flush from one of the ring collars on it. Are you sure that you have the correct blade holder? If this machine is new, I suggest you contact the company your purchased it from and ask them why itʻs doing what itʻs doing.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:09 AM, AB Signs said:

I just purchased a new Seiki SK720T and I am having trouble with the Pen/Blade Holder. I followed the instructions in the User Manual , but the Blade or Pen DO NOT raise 1/8" after turning on the machine. What could be the problem?

I tried calling Seiki support, but I am not getting through. The number I call (888) 777-5956 is for Seiki TV support.

In the OFF position.JPG

In the ON position.JPG

My brother in Canada has the same machine and this is how he installed his blade holder. See how the collar of the blade holder rests on to the bracket. I guess he is also on uscutter support, See if bringing the blade holder down and using the downforce to adjust helps.

Not sure it will work 100% but no harm in trying

IMG-20210403-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210403-WA0005.jpg

13 minutes ago, kainth.c.s said:

My brother in Canada has the same machine and this is how he installed his blade holder. See how the collar of the blade holder rests on to the bracket. I guess he is also on uscutter support, See if bringing the blade holder down and using the downforce to adjust helps.

Not sure it will work 100% but no harm in trying

I donʻt know if itʻs possible to bring the blade holder down any further for OP. It already looks like the blade holder might be too long, and thatʻs why it cannot be seated properly. If the blade holder is already touching the vinyl while the carriage is in the up position, then itʻs not in the bracket properly, or it's the wrong blade holder because itʻs too long. Whatever the case may be, dragging the holder and blade like that can cause unnecessary drag on the motor not to mention possibly damaging the cutting strip. 

8 minutes ago, haumana said:

I donʻt know if itʻs possible to bring the blade holder down any further for OP. It already looks like the blade holder might be too long, and thatʻs why it cannot be seated properly. If the blade holder is already touching the vinyl while the carriage is in the up position, then itʻs not in the bracket properly, or it's the wrong blade holder because itʻs too long. Whatever the case may be, dragging the holder and blade like that can cause unnecessary drag on the motor not to mention possibly damaging the cutting strip. 

This can be the case,the blade holder needs to be checked whether it is as per the specifications laid down by the manufacturer

I picked that the collar was not resting on to the bracket. So, it might be the case that he is keeping the blade holder up and using too  much downforce to cut

1 minute ago, kainth.c.s said:

This can be the case,the blade holder needs to be checked whether it is as per the specifications laid down by the manufacturer

I agree. That's why I asked if that was the correct blade holder for that particular machine.

• Like 1

Just to be clear when you say the holder does not raise, do you mean the arm holding the blade holder? If the arm does not go up or down even with the blade/pen removed then you have a problem with the solenoid. The solenoid could be bad, a wire could have come disconnected, or the chip controlling the solenoid could be fried. If you are comfortable with digging into the machine you can try touching a 9V battery to the solenoid and see if it moves. If it does then look closely for any disconnected wires. If you see none then the problem is most likely the motherboard/controller chip.

• Like 1