Anastasiaa

Sublimation big problem!!

Hi everyone. i’m new to sublimating phone cases. I decided to start this week and I already have been facing a lot of issues. My printer is workforce 2830 turned into a sublimating printer with sublimation inks, never used before. I trues printing with my computer and the image printed out great. The colors were vibrant. I put the metal plate from the phone case with heat tape and heat pressed it for about 45 seconds with 400fr. The image turned out black and white even though I waited for a long time for it to dry before heat pressing. I don’t know what to do! I bought two different types of sublimation paper and two different types of ink. I really don’t know what to do. Please help!!!

I do like the case, although I can see that you were wanting the pink background to transfer too. Hopefully someone with a lot more sublimation experience will chime in with some suggestions. The photo definitely helps.

• Like 1

Did you ever use that printer with anything except sublimation ink where there might still be non sublimation red in the lines and head?

• Like 1

If that is the case that you printed, the black looks great so you must be about right on your heat, time and pressure. There is a lot of variation that can happen depending on how you change those three control items. I am surprised that you didn't seem to get any color at all and is why Dakota would suspect the ink. Try a bolder color a darker pink etc.... you will have some trial and error with sublimation. You might grab an old (or new) 100% poly shirt to practice on and save some cases.