KenGraphics

Graphtec CE6000 and VinylMaster Cut v4.2 Issue

Hello guys, I been using the Titan 3 for years and love it but wanted to upgrade and go with the Graphtec CE6000 series cutter. Anyway I finally got the drivers installed which was a pain on Windows 10. I was able to select it in the VinylMaster Cut software, I had to do it manually. I was reading that I needed to change the command to HPGL and I done that on the cutter and the VinylMaster software. I am getting cuts like the on in the picture and I can not figure out how to get it to cut it smooth at all using VinylMaster. I think its a software or a setting somewhere. Just not sure what else to do. I am using a 45 degree blade. Any advice? Links? Thanks so much and glad to be here!

IMG_0084.jpg

You're offset is way off. Check the manual, but I believe I've seen posted on here that Graphtecs use a 0 setting for their offset.

• Like 1

I will check that out later and update but I thought I checked that out. I worked with it for hours last night. Probably stayed up too late working with it trying to get it figured out. 

26 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

You're offset is way off. Check the manual, but I believe I've seen posted on here that Graphtecs use a 0 setting for their offset.

That is correct.

Start with doing TEST cuts from your TEST feature, on the vinyl cutter.  Blade Offset is ZERO on a Graphtec and make sure your set your blade depth correctly. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade

• Like 1

Update: Double checked the offset and its at 0 Set offset in vinylmaster cut to 0 still giving me the same issue. I also double checked the blade and its perfect. Im running 651 Oracal at 20 speed and 10 pressure.

Your not showing your TEST cuts.  No reason to run so fast, Only to mess up faster.   I never run over speed 5 and never have problems.

A Graphtec cuts better than that.  Look at the blade tip real good. Thant blade tip should be so far in the blade holder, that you would not think it would cut. It's less blade, more force. 

if you can, try a new 60* Clean Cut Blade ... or a any Clean Cut Blade, preferably 60* though, then the second choice would be 45*.

• Like 1

Same issues. I wrote Graphtec I had this turned down -5 offset and it was still not great but better. I got this one used off a buddy CE6000-40 dont know if its just too wornout. I ordered a CE6000-60 coming in tomorrow for larger work anyway. Hoping it preforms better than this one. Yes, I too heard that graphtec was one of the top dawg cutters. Just hoping that this one was just too far worn out. He did run a decal and t-shirt shop for years.

I didnt think that would matter as it was in great looking shape. But live and learn. Like I said hopefully the one tomorrow doesnt give me any issues. Thanks for the replies. 

There could be damages in the teflon cutting strip causing problems.  Just scratches and gouges will cause problems. 

when you send a file to cut in vinylmaster - the second tab has an area where you can set the offset there also for your plotter.  Make sure there isn't a value entered in there also