Sign in to follow this  
Rojhan

New-to-me Graphtec CE6000-40 Plus

I avoid buying used, but all of the reviews on the various cutters, especially the low-end steppers, was "Go Graphtec and don't look back."

I picked up a used CE6000-40 Plus today with some vinyl included.  Visual inspection of the belt and the teflon cutting strip looked like they were in good condition and I saw a quick test cut.

Got home and had some initial trouble with drivers and Win-10 and the control panel not working because the plotter was set for HP-GL and after that was all fixed, Graphtec Studio wouldn't recognize the plotter.  I pulled down a demo of SignGo and at least verified that basic functionality was there.

The seller also had the original activation codes and, even though she had used the first one, the second was still valid.  I'm still waiting for the very-slow download to finish.

In the plus column, the Graphtec was $600 which seems to be a reasonable price based on ebay/Craigslist.  I found a $600 one on ebay that was parts-only.  Even if it was a dud, though, my ballbark estimate of new/unopened and partial rolls of Oracal 651G is $700-$800.   So, I'm pretty sure I can call this one a win.

I have to do some travel next week so don't have time to play, but I'm hoping this will give me opportunity for fun as an addition to CNC router, 3D printer, and CO2 laser cutter. :)

Anything else I should check/adjust on it?

Is there anywhere in the plotter/control software that show runtime hours?  I couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Had one whole free day to get some organizing done. Have done some test cuts and so far, so good.

signal-2021-04-04-174605.jpg

• Like 2