1clo1

Vinyl Layering

Hello,

I'm working on a project, it's 3 colors. 1 color is metallic, 2 are gloss. is there a way to use different widths of vinyl to accomplish this, I don't know how I would get the registration marks to line up if I used 24" wide and 12" wide vinyl.  

The reason for this is because the "Base Layer"  which is gloss vinyl, is cut on 24' wide vinyl because of its size, however, the metallic is only about 8" and I can only find metallic green in 12' wide. I could rotate the letters on the vinyl but again, the registration marks won't line up. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, 1clo1 said:

Hello,

I'm working on a project, it's 3 colors. 1 color is metallic, 2 are gloss. is there a way to use different widths of vinyl to accomplish this, I don't know how I would get the registration marks to line up if I used 24" wide and 12" wide vinyl.  

The reason for this is because the "Base Layer"  which is gloss vinyl, is cut on 24' wide vinyl because of its size, however, the metallic is only about 8" and I can only find metallic green in 12' wide. I could rotate the letters on the vinyl but again, the registration marks won't line up. 

Thanks

If you make your own registration marks you can place them wherever you want. You could have a set that are specific to the metallic and another set that are specific to the third color. 

12 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

If you make your own registration marks you can place them wherever you want. You could have a set that are specific to the metallic and another set that are specific to the third color. 

How do I make my own registration marks? I've tried to add a square or other shape to make a registration mark, but it won't show up on all the layers, it shows as a separate color in the project.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1clo1 said:

How do I make my own registration marks? I've tried to add a square or other shape to make a registration mark, but it won't show up on all the layers, it shows as a separate color in the project.

You would need to either select the color of those registration marks (selecting 2 colors at the same time in your cutting software) or make a second copy of the mark exactly over the top of the first set and make them the same color as that color of the design. If exactly stacked you won't see them but both layers will be there when you go to cut by color. Not sure what program you are using to design but there is often an option to paste an item in place or on top etc... Copy paste in place and then change the color of the new set is how I do it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

You would need to either select the color of those registration marks (selecting 2 colors at the same time in your cutting software) or make a second copy of the mark exactly over the top of the first set and make them the same color as that color of the design. If exactly stacked you won't see them but both layers will be there when you go to cut by color. Not sure what program you are using to design but there is often an option to paste an item in place or on top etc... Copy paste in place and then change the color of the new set is how I do it.

I'm using vinyl master DSR.

21 hours ago, 1clo1 said:

Hello,

Thanks

Any chance I can have a look at the file? If do, please mention what size vinyls are available to you in colors and I will try if I can be of some help to you

5 hours ago, kainth.c.s said:

Any chance I can have a look at the file? If do, please mention what size vinyls are available to you in colors and I will try if I can be of some help to you

PMd you