blakemail

Blade seems to be dragging at times

Now sure what's happened.  I've been able to cu several projects without issue.  Now I can't cut anything more complex than a basic shape (square, circle, star) without the blade grabbing random pieces of vinyl off the sheet.  I've re-checked the speed and pressure (300 and 100), I changed blades.  I even changed blade carriers.  I had the blade too deep at one point and backed it off.  My sample cut of basic shapes was fine.  But the more complex image is causing problems.

Not sure if there is a setting for the image itself that could be causing the issue.  I'm using VinylMaster LTR.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Does the blade carriage move up and down, or it just always down, and dragging across everything?

How did you set the blade depth? If the blade is out too far it may still work if you're lucky but there's also a good chance you'll break the tip which could explain why it suddenly stopped working. Get a new blade and set it per Ms. Skeeters instructions.

• Like 1

So update to the issue.  I seem to have the blade depth set right.  The vinyl is cutting and there is a slight indentation in the wax paper under it.  But, When I have cut job with more than one thing the blade is scratching the vinyl as the head moves from one shape to another shape. 

There are some other inconsistent things like where the outside of a letter B cuts fine but the inside does not cut deep enough.  I think the second issue is a vectorize issue but don't know what to change.

I'm having mixed success.  I'm trying to be consistent with the settings but getting mixed results.  There is something else I'm missing I think.

Your blade tip should be so far into the blade holder that you would not even think it would cut. It's less blade more force. You should just barely even see the tip of the blade. Vinyl is only 2-3 mil. thick. It only takes the very tip of the blade to cut, then a little extra force to get past the adhesive. 

I've noticed that there are areas that seem more likely to cut poorly.  I have the rollers out as far as possible and I think they need to come in a bit to keep the vinyl flatter.  Is there any guidance on roller placement.