1clo1

Vector help

Hello, 

I have an image that I'm am working on, it is three colors, Red White & Blue, I will be using HTV to layer this image on material, I can get the red and blue to cut but not the white, can someone give me assistance on how to get the white layer so I can layer all 3 as one image with HTV.

Image attached for easier reference.

Thanks for the help.

US Flag2.jpg

2 hours ago, 1clo1 said:

Hello, 

I have an image that I'm am working on, it is three colors, Red White & Blue, I will be using HTV to layer this image on material, I can get the red and blue to cut but not the white, can someone give me assistance on how to get the white layer so I can layer all 3 as one image with HTV.

Image attached for easier reference.

Thanks for the help.

US Flag2.jpg

american flag.ai

.ai = Adobe Illustrator. You can open it with Illustrator, or Inkscape, or Corel Draw, etc. Your cutting software should be able to open it. If it can't then open it in Inkscape and save it as a vector format that your cutting software can open.

You should also get to know the differences between a raster file and a vector file, because cutters will only cut vector files. If you're not sure what those are, Google it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 1clo1 said:

thanks, 

Whats a .AI file and how do i open it?

ai, eps, pdf files are compatible with the most of the signmaking softwares. If File>>> Open doesn't show the file type in these, try File>>> Import or AFile>>> New>>> Import

Both ai and pdf files I did are the vector files. mean, ready to cut silhouettes. Morever, an advantage of vector file is you can scale it to any bigger size without losing the pixels. The print you end up will have a crisp sharp edge.

I also included three red dots apart from the flag on to the file. they are the location marks in case you wish to transfer all the layers on to a single backing paper

Good luck