need some help i tried to look all over for this.......... I've been using graphtec studio for all my design and cutting needs. i have a graphtec ce6000-60 plus. my question now is that i use my ipad and use procreate to draw sticker designs (example anime head pic)  i send them to graphtec studio and get the file in there fine. i want to print the image with registration marks and add then contour cut to cut them out. i dont want to pay for coreldraw or adobe ill.  is there away around it to do it? or do i have to have one or the other?

6 hours ago, ynot333 said:

need some help i tried to look all over for this.......... I've been using graphtec studio for all my design and cutting needs. i have a graphtec ce6000-60 plus. my question now is that i use my ipad and use procreate to draw sticker designs (example anime head pic)  i send them to graphtec studio and get the file in there fine. i want to print the image with registration marks and add then contour cut to cut them out. i dont want to pay for coreldraw or adobe ill.  is there away around it to do it? or do i have to have one or the other?

It ships with new plotters to the original purchaser, quite expensive to buy afterwards 

The CE6000-60 plus does not have wireless capabilities, so you would still need to move your artwork to a computer that can be wired to the cutter for communication. Mac uses Graphtec Studio, Windows uses Graphtec Pro Studio, either can be downloaded from Graphtec with activation instructions that shipped with your cutter.

• Like 2

I I use graphtec pro studio. I want to use graphtec pro to put registration marks on the image I open up in graphtec pro so I can print and cut the image. 
(what I use) 
I use a iPad to draw images. 
I use graphtec pro studio on a windows pc

i send all my work to my graphtec using graphtec pro on my windows computer. For my decal work. 
im trying to make printed stickers. 

Have you tried googling this? I I put in Graphtec Pro Studio Registration Marks and first thing is a video showing how to do it. From your description of your process you have everything you need, just watch the video and you should be good.

On 3/16/2021 at 12:35 AM, ynot333 said:

You can draw anything in FREE inkscape.org.   Many, many tutorials on how to use.

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You can draw anything in FREE inkscape.org.   Many, many tutorials on how to use.

why not just draw in Graphtec Pro Studio? 

3 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Have you tried googling this? I I put in Graphtec Pro Studio Registration Marks and first thing is a video showing how to do it. From your description of your process you have everything you need, just watch the video and you should be good.

That would work if I made it in graphtec I need to do it with something that’s not made in graphtec.  

47 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

why not just draw in Graphtec Pro Studio? 

I use Apple Pencil and iPad to draw quicker and easier. Just need the file I send to be able to outline the image. It keeps it as a square. And won’t outline the image 

Now I get ya. Go to bitmap edit toolbar and on the right, pick make background transparent. Pick all the background you want gone, (holding down the shift key) then put on your contour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bikemike said:

Now I get ya. Go to bitmap edit toolbar and on the right, pick make background transparent. Pick all the background you want gone, (holding down the shift key) then put on your contour.

I’ll try that when I get out of work if I ever do. 

8 hours ago, ynot333 said:

I’ll try that when I get out of work if I ever do. 

Still won’t let me. I can attach the file if anyone wants to try? Also what’s is the best to save file as?  I attached a pic of how it outlines it.  
Side note if I click on the plotter cut icon to try to cut it says “no cuttable object with current setting”  

I self taught myself and starting cutting decals with no help learning on own. Ive been messing with the software so I’m still learning how to do stuff in it.  but I do appreciate all the help and reply’s form all of you. 

E7B6FC95-9CFE-44E7-9D7C-490C418AFCBF.jpeg

41 minutes ago, ynot333 said:

Still won’t let me. I can attach the file if anyone wants to try? Also what’s is the best to save file as?  I attached a pic of how it outlines it.  
Side note if I click on the plotter cut icon to try to cut it says “no cuttable object with current setting”  

I self taught myself and starting cutting decals with no help learning on own. Ive been messing with the software so I’m still learning how to do stuff in it.  but I do appreciate all the help and reply’s form all of you. 

E7B6FC95-9CFE-44E7-9D7C-490C418AFCBF.jpeg

It will outline it like that if it is a raster image, which is not cuttable

To print and the contour you have to create a vector contour line to be able to cut it

• Like 1

If you're wanting to contour cut that shape, then you'll need to make yourself a vector trace of the outline. Graphtec Pro Studio will automatically design everything as in a vector format, because it's a cutting software and that's the only thing the cutter will cut - vector.

Draw it on you ipad.
Save it in a vector format if possible. If not, import it on to your puter, and then convert it to vector. Just be aware that every colors edge will be a cut line, and you will need to edit those nodes out, or better yet, just make a copy of that file and flatten the image, and black it out, then just convert that to vector and you should be left with just the overall outline.
From there, you should be able to do the print, registration marks, etc.

• Like 1

Post the file. It will contour that the way it is.

(it should)

Just to update, just tried  it on several jpg files and they all contour no problem without vectorizing them.

First pic is with JPG imported.

Second pic. Select make background trasperent (with shift key pressed if there is more than 1 area) Make sure to click the green check mark in design central.

Third pic. Effects and contour cut. Adjust the contour offset or inset to your liking. Make sure to click the green check mark in design central.

Fourth pic.Effects and contour cut mark and adjust to your liking. Make sure to click the green check mark in design central.

Screenshot 2021-03-18 093729.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-18 093817.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-18 093920.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-18 094516.jpg

• Like 1

since you plan to print and contour - why not just make it easy and buy the much nicer image from vectorstock and use that - might cost $1 and save lots of headaches and much nicer version

Edit - skipped a beat there and went right to the cross - my bad

9 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

since you plan to print and contour - why not just make it easy and buy the much nicer image from vectorstock and use that - might cost $1 and save lots of headaches and much nicer version

Edit - skipped a beat there and went right to the cross - my bad

I do have the vectorstock one, but I wanted to use a "not so good" image to show that a raster image could be used for print and cut.

But good catch on the quality on the image.:rolleyes:

• Like 1