1clo1

Changing registration marks

I'm working on a project that I need registration marks, I want to know if there is a way to change the default marks to something different than the default. maybe a circle or square, something simple.

I'm using VinylMaster DSR.

Thanks 

If you are talking about layering vinyl, just make whatever you want for a mark, change the color to something different to everything else and cut the layer color and the mark color on every  color.

• Like 2

how do I do that?

I  was referring to the option in the menu to add Registration marks, I can adjust them, but not sure how to change them to something easier to cut.

What is the project?  Layering vinyl?   Just use the circle tool and place the circles where you want,  Star, square, etc, whatever you want to use.  You don't use the add registration mark tool.   If your talking about printing registration marks and contour cutting, whole different project.  So explain what the project is.  

• Like 2

I am layering vinyl, I use the registration mark tool to add registration marks, if I just add a circle it cuts it as a separate color, not a registration mark.

15 minutes ago, 1clo1 said:

I am layering vinyl, I use the registration mark tool to add registration marks, if I just add a circle it cuts it as a separate color, not a registration mark.

As bikemike mentioned many of us manually create our layering registration marks so we can place them where we want them (and use a shape we like, I like a plus mark). You can do like he said and make them a completely separate color layer from the rest and cut that color along with each color layer and all layers will have the circle.  Not sure if there are options to change to regular mark or not. Alternatively you can make a set for one color layer and copy/paste them in place in a stack and change the color of each set to match the next color layer. This is more work but is how I do it most of the time. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1clo1 said:

Thanks guys, I will just leave the default ones, seem like more work to do all that.

You didn't answer the question as to what you are trying to accomplish. If you're layering vinyl colors, then a square, circle, diamond, or shape of your choice will be the easiest. It takes minimal effort and you will be doing it often if you're doing more than one color, so I suggest you start getting into the practice of it.

If you're printing color on vinyl, and wanting the cutter to contour cut around that - then the registration marks should work. Only tweak them if they do not. 

Either way, it's work. It's what's necessary to get results, and also happens to be S.O.P. So get comfortable with the process for the results you're trying to achieve. 

I did answer the question, I said I was layering vinyl. i decided to just keep the default registration marks.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.