Sign in to follow this  
Wilson-Flyer

Version 4 to Version 5

I purchased Vinylmaster LTR prior to even buying my cutter. I just purchased a new Prismcut 28 from USC and decided to get Sure Cuts a Lot for the Mac just so I could try it on my Mac and decide which one I liked better and just to have options. Imagine my disappointment when I saw the DL card in the box only to find it was for a now antiquated version, v.4. I really don't want to "use" the s/n until I know the answer to this question, in the hopes that USC may exchange it for another copy of VM cut (which I really don't need but one machine to cut) if I'm limited to a now antiquated version.

I'm assuming it's going to offer me to upgrade my v.4 to v.5 after install or that the s/n for v.4 will work with v.5. Is this true? 

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to new endeavors in a brand new hobby that may possibly even turn into some pocket change.

This is a user to user forum, of volunteers. UScutter rarely comes here, We can't answer your questions.  Contact UScutter for your questions.   Not too many Mac users here to help you with a Mac either.  I don't understand why you would think that your would get Scalp 5, when it clearly says you will be receiving Scalp 4.  Did you find an ad that states you would get Scalp 5?  Most any cutter dealer only provides a starter software. Not full version.   Even Vinyl Master is only Vinyl Master Cut version provided to get a buyer started. 

What skeeter said IS the answer.

We do not work for UScutter and can not make decisions for them.

God. Tough crowd around here. Jeez.

I didn't ask ANYTHING about what US Cutter would do. I asked if v.4 owners were automatically upgraded to v.5 or could I install v.5 and use the v.4 s/n. These aren't hard questions for anybody that actually uses the software, and it's not a stupid question. I would think EVERYBODY would want to know. 

Are you guys always this way towards somebody new to the forum?