Sign in to follow this  
Byron999

871-MK2 Problems still

Hey all. Just got this US Cutter MH871-MK2 after my 20+ year Vinyl Express cutter finally died. Finally got it to track halfway decent. The cut lines are not at all consistent thickness wise. Even the center circle is thicker in some areas than others. Same with the leaves of the Maltese cross.
Speed is 50mm/sec and pressure is 20 gr
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

20210306_130542.jpg

zooming in it looks like your offset is off a little on the corners but on the other part - first make sure all the carriage rollers are firmly set in the track, did you ever get your pressure rollers set back to a good tension (from your last post) and how did you set your blade exposure - this will all help the volunteers on here to help diagnose this

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

zooming in it looks like your offset is off a little on the corners but on the other part - first make sure all the carriage rollers are firmly set in the track, did you ever get your pressure rollers set back to a good tension (from your last post) and how did you set your blade exposure - this will all help the volunteers on here to help diagnose this

I set blade depth by hand using a scrap piece. I finally figured out this machine hates paper as it wont track at all no matter how much tension is on the pinch rollers.

25 minutes ago, Byron999 said:

I set blade depth by hand using a scrap piece. I finally figured out this machine hates paper as it wont track at all no matter how much tension is on the pinch rollers.

Try a heavier bond paper 

6 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Try a heavier bond paper 

Thats what I was thinking.. What I have is 20lb inkjet bond from my old Design jet... Maybe 24lb? or heavier?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Bingo! On the offset.. Looking good now! Thanks! Old LXI software I was using from my old cutter must have been set different for that Vinyl Express cutter

20210307_004106.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Byron999 said:

Bingo! On the offset.. Looking good now! Thanks! Old LXI software I was using from my old cutter must have been set different for that Vinyl Express cutter

the name vinyl express is put on everything from a redsail, gcc and rebranded graphtec plotters - if it was a rebranded graphtec that would explain it 

vinyl express is their own labeling for many products