Raj _108

Flexi cutting vinyl larger than the original size

Hi Everyone,

I have a Liyu SC 1261 and using Flexicut Cloud 11. 

I have come across two major issues which are new to me as I have never come across them before. 

Firstly, the cut size on the vinyl is slightly larger than my artwork. I have adjusted the panel size so it is the same size as the artwork but when I send it to cut using flexi, it still seems to be slightly larger than the original size. Any ideas as to what the problem is and how to resolve this?

Secondly, the cuts around my weed border are not joining together as they should. So if you can imagine a rectangle and the last cut line is skewed and not completing the shape. Sorry haven't got any images at the moment as I am not in the office at the moment. 

Had a few frustrating days and just cannot figure out what the issues are. To top it off, I ended up cutting out the vinyl for a job, applied the release tape to them and found out they didn't fit the magnetic sheets. 

I would really appreciate it if anyone could kindly shed some light on these issues and help me resolve them. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Raj. 

The size problem is likely a calibration issue with the software. Some place in the software there should be a setting for steps per inch. You will need to calibrate the software to your cutter.

Is the cuts not joining, stopping too short? Or is it off to the side a little. If stopping short you can fix that by adding a bit of overcut. If not lining up then that would be a tracking issue. Are you pre-feeding your vinyl? Don't let the machine pull the vinyl from the roll, you don't want the machine working any harder than it has too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Raj _108 said:

Hi Everyone,

I have a Liyu SC 1261 and using Flexicut Cloud 11. 

I have come across two major issues which are new to me as I have never come across them before. 

Firstly, the cut size on the vinyl is slightly larger than my artwork. I have adjusted the panel size so it is the same size as the artwork but when I send it to cut using flexi, it still seems to be slightly larger than the original size. Any ideas as to what the problem is and how to resolve this?

Secondly, the cuts around my weed border are not joining together as they should. So if you can imagine a rectangle and the last cut line is skewed and not completing the shape. Sorry haven't got any images at the moment as I am not in the office at the moment. 

Had a few frustrating days and just cannot figure out what the issues are. To top it off, I ended up cutting out the vinyl for a job, applied the release tape to them and found out they didn't fit the magnetic sheets. 

I would really appreciate it if anyone could kindly shed some light on these issues and help me resolve them. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Raj. 

In the production manager section there is a parameter depicting the percentage of the original size. Make sure you set it to 100%. Also drop down the margin to zero in the same parameter. When you open up the production manager so the dialog box appears, try to scroll alongwith the panes and you will find it. I will send you some screenshots later today. Regarding the non closure of the cut and skewing of the line, it looks like it is the issue with the offset of the blade. You need to play around with it till you get the desired result

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

The size problem is likely a calibration issue with the software. Some place in the software there should be a setting for steps per inch. You will need to calibrate the software to your cutter.

Is the cuts not joining, stopping too short? Or is it off to the side a little. If stopping short you can fix that by adding a bit of overcut. If not lining up then that would be a tracking issue. Are you pre-feeding your vinyl? Don't let the machine pull the vinyl from the roll, you don't want the machine working any harder than it has too.

Many thanks for your advice.

The machine is pulling from the roll but there is no tension which would suggest the pulling. Nevertheless,  it is a good call and will try taking the vinyl off the roll and see if that makes a difference. 

Thanks once again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kainth.c.s said:

In the production manager section there is a parameter depicting the percentage of the original size. Make sure you set it to 100%. Also drop down the margin to zero in the same parameter. When you open up the production manager so the dialog box appears, try to scroll alongwith the panes and you will find it. I will send you some screenshots later today. Regarding the non closure of the cut and skewing of the line, it looks like it is the issue with the offset of the blade. You need to play around with it till you get the desired result

Many thanks for your words of wisdom. 

I'm looking forward to the screen shots as i'm desperately trying to get the job completed.

I would really appreciate it if you could also send me some screen shots of the offset blade settings so that I can tweak it and hopefully i can get the final cut to join the line. The last thing I want to do is make matters worse. The software and plotter has never given me these issues before, so I've not had to adjust these settings in the past. 

Apologies for not having any visuals to show. 

Thanks once again. 

• Like 1

overcut needs added a little to join lines.  Offset is to square up corners. Run a TEST cut from your cutter TEST feature first.  I have Flexi and Resolution should take care of the sizing.   Type a text on the layout screen then click cut so the screen opens.  Upper Left corner Properties...  screen changes,  Top choose the  KNIFE tab. last to the right. Default Job properties.  Resolution.   This is from Flexistarter, but should be close to yours.   Resolution is how many steps in an inch.   Make a 4" x 4" square and adjust for it. 

flexi resolution.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Raj _108 said:

Many thanks for your words of wisdom. 

I'm looking forward to the screen shots as i'm desperately trying to get the job completed.

I would really appreciate it if you could also send me some screen shots of the offset blade settings so that I can tweak it and hopefully i can get the final cut to join the line. The last thing I want to do is make matters worse. The software and plotter has never given me these issues before, so I've not had to adjust these settings in the past. 

Apologies for not having any visuals to show. 

Thanks once again. 

IMG_20210304_122249.jpg

IMG_20210304_122306.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2021 at 12:44 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

overcut needs added a little to join lines.  Offset is to square up corners. Run a TEST cut from your cutter TEST feature first.  I have Flexi and Resolution should take care of the sizing.   Type a text on the layout screen then click cut so the screen opens.  Upper Left corner Properties...  screen changes,  Top choose the  KNIFE tab. last to the right. Default Job properties.  Resolution.   This is from Flexistarter, but should be close to yours.   Resolution is how many steps in an inch.   Make a 4" x 4" square and adjust for it. 

flexi resolution.JPG

Please look at the image of my current default job properties. It is set to 40.00 steps/mm - is this the reason for the artwork cut oversized? 

I take it, I can address the knife offset issue in this panel?

Kind regards

Raj. 

20210305_175925.jpg

On 3/4/2021 at 12:52 AM, kainth.c.s said:

Take a look at this, especially Wildgoose's comment

Many thanks for your advice. I am back in the office tomorrow morning. I will let yiu know how I get on. Wish me luck!. 

Many thanks once again. 

Raj. 

20 minutes ago, Raj _108 said:

Please look at the image of my current default job properties. It is set to 40.00 steps/mm - is this the reason for the artwork cut oversized? 

Kind regards

Raj. 

20210305_175925.jpg

20 minutes ago, Raj _108 said:

Kind regards

Raj. 

20210305_175925.jpg

You can figure that out.  I don't use mm.   I told you above to cut   a square and measure it. Make sure the size is correct. If not then adjust the resolution size until it is correct. Yes, you adjust blade offset here

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You can figure that out.  I don't use mm. 

No worries. 

Thanks for your help.

Raj

6 minutes ago, Raj _108 said:

No worries. 

Thanks for your help.

Raj

I added to that message above.   Your welcome. 

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that gave me the advice to sort out the issues I had with the software. 

Finally got the job done and to the correct scale.

Thanks once again.

Raj. 

• Like 2